Estes | Paid wait time

Uptown I be

TB Lurker
Credits
Average time West Middlesex two and a half hours waiting for load average time Indianapolis 2 hours waiting for equipment average time Columbus waiting for equipment to our can anyone please explain why Estes does not paid for downtime and they wonder why people are quitting

Unionize! No contract where they have to pay since they don't have to pay you delay time there is no reason motivation for them to have your loads ready on time driver waits for free.

You just answered my question. I was thinking of going to Greensboro terminal 017 for regional otr. That was question I was gonna be sure to ask in interview on Wednesday.

Average time West Middlesex two and a half hours waiting for load average time Indianapolis 2 hours waiting for equipment average time Columbus waiting for equipment to our can anyone please explain why Estes does not paid for downtime and they wonder why people are quitting
That’s the biggest flaw with this outfit is wasting your time and not being compensated at all for it, nor are they in the least apologetic about it or appreciative of your everlasting patience to put up with their exorbitant miscommunications and dysfunction. If they had to pay wait time they’d probably go broke as many hours are wasted.

That’s the biggest flaw with this outfit is wasting your time and not being compensated at all for it, nor are they in the least apologetic about it or appreciative of your everlasting patience to put up with their exorbitant miscommunications and dysfunction. If they had to pay wait time they’d probably go broke as many hours are wasted.
My biggest complaint as well

Too long on getting to top pay. It was good but just couldn’t wait 4 years on getting to top pay only getting 8 hrs a day a 21 bucks an hour. I was making that in 2004, when I first came into LTL. I mean 40 bucks top an hour, but 4 years to get to it. I wish I would have went there in 2004 but it didn’t. So, just move on
I can’t believe they are still doing the wage scale when everyone else seems to be forgoing it….F’em

They don't get too bent outta shape when you've spent 24 hours in jail and show up 5 hours late either. Your're paperwork will be waiting for you. I wonder how new guys get treated with one of these other guys?

your time means nothing to these people.

Too long on getting to top pay. It was good but just couldn’t wait 4 years on getting to top pay only getting 8 hrs a day a 21 bucks an hour. I was making that in 2004, when I first came into LTL. I mean 40 bucks top an hour, but 4 years to get to it. I wish I would have went there in 2004 but it didn’t. So, just move on
Yeah. I interviewed here just to see. $21whatever & 60 hours a week, I’d lose $50k first year. No guaranteed hours, all shifts, no thanks. I’ll stay bent over where I’m at.

Yeah. I interviewed here just to see. $21whatever & 60 hours a week, I’d lose $50k first year. No guaranteed hours, all shifts, no thanks. I’ll stay bent over where I’m at.
Think the pay was $17 an hour when I hired in. I don’t recall ever making under $80K since I’ve been here

Think the pay was $17 an hour when I hired in. I don’t recall ever making under $80K since I’ve been here
I was speaking of UPS package. You guys are very comparable with wages. The wait times and general disorganization spoken of on here keep me uninterested. I’ll take the same with seniority, thanks.

Seniority is a hard thing to give up. I’m never on time for work. It makes my wait time near 0% but yeah, sometimes I feel like a race horse! Keep heathy enough to run run run run and make $$$$
One ltl company would really need to lopside themselves from the rest of the world to get good drivers.
Good drivers find good jobs and don’t leave. That’s the problem everyone’s having. Finding "good” drivers. I will say, when I was new at another outfit. Instead of making me wait for a load, they’d tell me to stay home. One thing about Estes. When freight was real slow, they’d have me wait but they’d find something for me to do. This place is full of drivers that’s willing to stay home to let someone run. At least at my barn. I think Estes is hard to beat for the new guy just for the simple fact, your gonna make some money. Most other outfits don’t deal with motels. If your stuck in a motel, you’re gonna get out.