FedEx Freight | pallet jacks

dirk diggler

TB Lurker
Credits
The red shirt at my terminal told us unless you have a liftgate or longvan no p&d driver is allowed to take a pallet jack,we will get disciplined if we take a jack :chairshot:
He has even gone as far as to have the pallet jacks all tied together in front of the dispatch office window on the dock! Now hears the catch,our dock has around 20 some odd forklifts (maybe more its crazy)and the dockworkers are all using forklifts!!! Hardly any dockworker uses a pallet jack like in the old days.It has forced me to leave one at one of my housestops,in case I need one.My question is,Does every terminal enforce this? BTW I am out west

The red shirt at my terminal told us unless you have a liftgate or longvan no p&d driver is allowed to take a pallet jack,we will get disciplined if we take a jack :chairshot:
He has even gone as far as to have the pallet jacks all tied together in front of the dispatch office window on the dock! Now hears the catch,our dock has around 20 some odd forklifts (maybe more its crazy)and the dockworkers are all using forklifts!!! Hardly any dockworker uses a pallet jack like in the old days.It has forced me to leave one at one of my housestops,in case I need one.My question is,Does every terminal enforce this? BTW I am out west

im;e not city any more . but no our city drivers have jacks and two wheelers you couldn;t do job otherwse

At my hub, everyone has there assigned pallet jack and 2 wheeler that is mandatory for the city drivers.(Otherwise you use your back!!) And almost everyone has there own chains and locks for there jack and dolly.

out of control micro managment

Come on. This sounds so stupid it must have come from a politician. What about all of the places that do not have a dock, but do have a forklift. They will get it down when you get it to the rear. How about the place that has their freight blocked in by a skid and you have to get it out of the way because they are not allowed to touch anybody else's stuff. :TR10driving03:

I would take one and when he writes you up call H.R. and report him.
See if they would rather start paying the Workers Comp claims that
will be coming in from your center because of the injures sustained
from dragging frt to the end of the trailer. He is a foolish man....

Come on. This sounds so stupid it must have come from a politician. What about all of the places that do not have a dock, but do have a forklift. They will get it down when you get it to the rear. How about the place that has their freight blocked in by a skid and you have to get it out of the way because they are not allowed to touch anybody else's stuff. :TR10driving03:

We have to use rope to pull the frt back. Or, we have to bust it out and walk it to the rear of trailer. This OM tells us to go to customers and use their equipment to work our frt. I'M DEAD SERIOUS! It sure makes the day harder and longer. It really is a terrible place to work because of all the bull this OM pulls on us constantly!

The use of pallet jacks for the dock and hub is..... well stupid ... we move freight in a timely manner with forklifts .... not draggin a 500lb skid 50 doors with a pallet jack

we have learned that at the hubs that I go to ... we don't use pallet jacks .....

now its different for a P&D run .... it comes in handy .... and go without a 2 wheeler .... :chairshot:

you have your nose buried if you never have to take one!! ... :1036316054:

I would take one and when he writes you up call H.R. and report him.
See if they would rather start paying the Workers Comp claims that
will be coming in from your center because of the injures sustained
from dragging frt to the end of the trailer. He is a foolish man....

Ye, and when he finds out it was you that called he'll ruin you're career. He'll screw with you so much you'll through you're hands up in the air and give up, you'll end up quitting because you'll realize it's not worth getting out of bed for! I've watch this guy for many years now, and have seen many good drivers quit because of how he treats us. I'll never give the SOB the satisfaction.

We have to use rope to pull the frt back. Or, we have to bust it out and walk it to the rear of trailer. This OM tells us to go to customers and use their equipment to work our frt. I'M DEAD SERIOUS! It sure makes the day harder and longer. It really is a terrible place to work because of all the bull this OM pulls on us constantly!

At my National Center, the pallet jack are basically for the city drivers. After we unload the city trailers at night, We have to return the pallet jack to the area the city trailers get loaded in the morning so the drivers don't have to search the dock for them. There are far too many places you go to unload that a pallet jack is unavailable or they just simply don't have one. When I worked at Lowes receiving, I would occasionally have a driver come in that didn't have a pallet jack to move someone elses freight so I could get to mine. He couldn't find one on his dock and mine were always occupied on the floor. Technically I was not suppose to touch someone elses freight,(Lowes rule) but my city drivers were awesome so I would just move it with the forklift to help him out. I did that even when he had a pallet jack. It was faster for both of us. If they move the other freight and damage it, you are liable. It's a bad situation. I never damaged the other freight I moved. The company telling you that you can't take a pallet jack is ridiculous. I would bring the freight back and tell them you couldn't unload it because the business or whoever didn't have a pallet jack or forklift, you aren't allowed to break it down and the company didn't want to do it either. But that's just my opinion.

Ye, and when he finds out it was you that called he'll ruin you're career. He'll screw with you so much you'll through you're hands up in the air and give up, you'll end up quitting because you'll realize it's not worth getting out of bed for! I've watch this guy for many years now, and have seen many good drivers quit because of how he treats us. I'll never give the SOB the satisfaction.

He is right, me and asphalt work at the same terminal out here in the west and we have seen a lot of drivers come and go as a result of this red shirt.He sits at the dispatch window most of the time and watches the drivers as they leave the window and if they head over to where the pallet jacks are,he is all over them. If he finds out you have called hr on him,you might as well paint a bullseye on you.

He has found out about this website and wants to know which drivers are on it and the exact name of this site,according to one of my co-workers

He is right, me and asphalt work at the same terminal out here in the west and we have seen a lot of drivers come and go as a result of this red shirt.He sits at the dispatch window most of the time and watches the drivers as they leave the window and if they head over to where the pallet jacks are,he is all over them. If he finds out you have called hr on him,you might as well paint a bullseye on you.

He has found out about this website and wants to know which drivers are on it and the exact name of this site,according to one of my co-workers

Call an attorney!!!

Should be number(s)/e-mail addresses for Human Resources or other Home Office contacts around your center or on the intranet in breakroom.
Give them a call or e-mail. Be polite and honest. They should get it straightened out. You'd be surprised how many times managers and supervisors make their own rules and policies that don't match Harrison's game plan.
If Red Shirt holds a grudge and retaliates. Make another call.
Red Shirt is way off base on this one. Maybe he needs to find another line of work. Managment doesn't seem to be his claim to fame.

I would call H.R. in Harrison and tell them you're not giving your name because you like your job. If more than one driver calls on this guy, they will investigate the problem.

You need to get as many people to call in as possible. They don't go for crap like that in the(:hide:EAST:hide:):hysterical:

When you make the call you MUST have you facts correct ... with all the t's crossed and I's dotted ..... sorry ...of course you new that. ... :1036316054:

Hurry !!!! be the first at your barn to screw up your back , once again just like yesterday I am so mad I could spit - good thing I chew like its going out of style
oh wait it is out of style , but so is the good ol days

Sounds like this guy (red shirt) need some serious retraining.

The soultion is for all involved to call the fedex in-touch hotline. You can remain anonomous, if you like (recomended!). Explain the whole situation... If enough people call, Corp. will send someone to your center. They'll have a big meeting and get to the bottom of it. They'll straighten him out. This guy will will change his tune or be shown the door.

Pm me if you need the hotline #

were i run city here out of mob the stops i do in fl have very few docks and even less tow motors thats would be allright with me i could bring a lot ove freight back.