R&L | Paramount Owner Operators...

braceface

TB Regular
Credits
Anyone know how much R&L pays the Paramount owner operators? Does anyone know if they just go terminal to terminal, or does R&L have them doing truckload freight? Just curious...

I'm not sure how much they're paid. I do know that they just do term to term like us teams. I have talked to a few around the country and most aren't really satisfied with the deal they're getting. Some have said they're just barely getting by, these were husband/wife teams too where all the money was going into the same household.

I'm not sure how much they're paid. I do know that they just do term to term like us teams. I have talked to a few around the country and most aren't really satisfied with the deal they're getting. Some have said they're just barely getting by, these were husband/wife teams too where all the money was going into the same household.

Wow grease, I didn't know R&L had any teams left, I guess there is a glimmer of hope out there...I'm glad you are still holding on...:clap:Thanks for your response, and have a safe week...:smillie_flag:

contrary to popular belief, there are rl teams left.dont konw how many, maybe 25-30.we are hanging in there.running almost normal past month or so, and there are approx. 30 new used penske sleepers at wil to be painted green and put on the road. not new but better than what we have now.so i guess some of us will be around a while longer. as far as abco and spirit, the most frequent rumor we have heard is that they will be folded inti the company within the next year. also correction on paramount drivers. some have been out west, and had to use broker loads to get back east as there was no rl freight. this was the prupose of paramount in the first place.to take away running east empty.there will always be an imbalance of east/west freight. too much westbound, not enough east bound.

Ok, I guess that makes sense, but since I'm doing 3500 miles a week in a day cab, what does that make me?

A moron.
Ruining the industry for drivers who want to spend time at home with their families instead of bumping docks for 60+ hours per week with no overtime and paying out-of-pocket for company equipment.

It makes you trained. If you are willing to put there freight in front of your life and others it is what it is. But know this, they push and they push but the day you (God forbid) have an accident do you think the company will stand by, NO. They won't send anyone to check on you maybe a lawyer or insurance adjuster, but none of that family stuff until they determine whose at fault. They will but another driver out there on your route. Add that to your daq and get on with buisness as usual. You got to care about yourself, cause they don't. Next time your driving 62 in a 55 look in the car next to you and think how you would feel if that was someone you cared for. YOU are the professional your company wants you to be a magician.

Whatever TJ, I've been running like that for years, and ahve ran about 1.3 million miles since I had a chargable and that was a backing deal.
Maybe your right, I am trained and your not, probably a good thing you quit, not all of us are cut out for this line of work.

Oh, and Mickey, I shouldn't dignify your BS with a response, so I'm not going to.

Whatever, I guess some of us just can and some can't, good luck to ya.......

There is no direspect intended driver, if you are okay with your job I'm happy for you. But for me when I paid for my truck I paid for my freedom. I don't have to run 6000 miles to make good money. I won't be pressured, I could do the miles but for ME at what cost.