Pass me that box of jumbo crayons and those plastic scissors with the rounded edge

Lazlo

TB Lurker
Credits
Title about says it all, today I literally feel like the kid whose teacher only lets him use the big crayons and plastic scissors.
Get my trailer this morning. Dry pallets on the right side were loaded out of sequence, with the first pallet I needed three deep. Go to the dock, reload it real quick, all's good and I'm on my way.
Get to my first stop, walk around to the back, and see that the door is Wide. A%#. Open. After pooping myself I realized that the load locks were still up, my wheeler was right there, nothing was missing and nothing was damaged but my pride. I gripe about how stupid our loaders can be, but at least they can shut a door right.

I remember pulling the door closed and the latch was flipped over, but I obviously must not have pulled the door all the way down because the hooked end obviously never went through the hole in the trailer.
Kills me because I'm usually borderline OCD about double checking myself, don't know why I didn't pull up on the handle to double check after flipping the latch over this time. 15 yrs of driving and have never had this sort of thing happen before, today I gave myself a reminder to not get lazy, develop a system, and do things the same way every time. Oh, and make sure the damn door's shut.

The worst part of it is that I thought all those women honking and waving at me thought I was cute. Just kidding, but if you see a video on YouTube of some dummy going down the road with his door open you'll know it's me.

Lazlo, don't feel bad man, I have done it, plus we had 2 drivers, one shuttle and one delivery that had doors pop up due to faulty latches, I know thats the case because they are both personal friends of mine and have never lied to me, plus they have admitted to worse, it might not have been your fault.

I did it with about 2 feet to spare on the back of the trailer drove 2 miles mostly up hills to a school and never lost a case or my wheeler, I'm real OCD about that sort of stuff so I was really upset when I got to that school, stuff happens Brother.