Pay change

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
Any other houses move from ABC, hourly, to DIP, (driver incentive program), if so, pro's con's?

Our guys feel they aren't being paid fairly since switching to DIP, they say ABC paid more.

Hey GT I hope someone gives some insite on this we are going to dip pay in jan 2013. Right now we are on abc I average about 27.50 per hr.

Hey GT I hope someone gives some insite on this we are going to dip pay in jan 2013. Right now we are on abc I average about 27.50 per hr.

I have seen guys average upper 30's on dip, what I wonder is, would the same driver fair better on ABC, I don't know enough about it, I'm on delivery again so I guess I had better educate myself, our guys swear up and down that dip is costing them money.

I went to shuttle, by the hour, shortly after dip came in, I didn't do much delivery paid on it, I did some but my routes weren't the greatest.

gt, can you please give specific examples of how the dip is worse then abc. i'm hearing that our dip is coming in october. is their a decrease in cents per case or miles compared to regular abc?

gt, can you please give specific examples of how the dip is worse then abc. i'm hearing that our dip is coming in october. is their a decrease in cents per case or miles compared to regular abc?

I have been asking questions, I have been told that you are penelized for dragging your feet, speed still counts, I'm still trying to learn it myself, its complicated to me, I think case pay went down, stop pay did too, mileage is like .35 for over 100 miles and .16 or something like that for under 100, all I know for sure is everyone says that throwing the same cases at the same speed on ABC, they made more, no one has quit in Tulsa but they have in Norman, its been said DIP pay was part of the reason guys are leaving, mgmt. is the other part, so I'm told.

Like I said, I didn't work on DIP for very long then went to shuttle by the hr. Now I'm back to delivery and trying to learn the DIP system, when I get my first sheet I'll break it down for you.

Any other houses move from ABC, hourly, to DIP, (driver incentive program), if so, pro's con's?

Our guys feel they aren't being paid fairly since switching to DIP, they say ABC paid more.

I heard pay change and instantly thought thats never in the drivers favor.

Management: They'll sell you 50 cents for a dollar.

I heard pay change and instantly thought thats never in the drivers favor.

Management: They'll sell you 50 cents for a dollar.

Your right Stan, any change will never be in the drivers favor.

At first DIP payed real good mileage, the company forcasted 400 to 450 dollar days for some drivers, they couldn't have that, that comes straight from mgmt., not me, so they tweeked it to the low side, I make my money by the hour, I have a good day, I don't rush my customers, if I get incentive good, if not good too.

We have a meeting coming up this month, and I've heard a few whispers about the DIP. really hope thats not what we'll see coming...

Haha!! I know... sorry! Been workin my butt off for Sysco... haven't had any spare moments!!

I'm back on delivery this bid, its been kicking this old mans ass!! I quit chasing the incentive, I just have a nice day and make my living by the hour, I like my job better thataway.

I've pulled straight 70 hour weeks for the last seven. Or is it eight, I don't know, can't keep track... I've learned to play with my manifest a bit, but the warehouse was really screwing with us for a while, there was a tough week or two in there. This week I got 2 whole days off, and it was like a vacation.

Don't let delivery kick your old-man-ass!! Just take it one stop at a time! :)

I got soft on shuttle, I wasn't even on it for that long, plus I lifted every morning. I am getting back into it though, after 2 weeks its getting easier, just wait till your my age young lady, you will see..LOL :)

Ha!! As I sit here thinking I should have at least ran this evening... Haven't worked out since Sunday (except at work...)

At the end of the day I'm tired. At the beginning of it I'm stiff. In between, I'm ready to go!

What kind of route did you take... And - How's Dianna??

Ha!! As I sit here thinking I should have at least ran this evening... Haven't worked out since Sunday (except at work...)

At the end of the day I'm tired. At the beginning of it I'm stiff. In between, I'm ready to go!

What kind of route did you take... And - How's Dianna??

Dianna is great! I'm on local 5 days, it changes though, I have my thursday rt that gets cut and I do whatever, Broken Arrow OK is what I run.