Central Transport | Pay scale

We have 30 city P&D drivers...10 pallet jacks...no dollies...How can you do your job when you dont have the tools to get it done...
we usually have several trucks with hoods popped open daily, no palletjacks, no dollies, no fluids for the trucks and no ratchet straps for freight. office people that can't work together and mechanics who can't fix anything. this place is destine to fail. everyone get a xmas present for you mailman, so they won't screw with your unemployment check. you might be chasing lateness..lmfao.

the only dollies we have , r ones that belong to the person who uses them. I tell them they are crazy for bringing in your own dollies, but you have your company men right there for ya!

who remembers the movie "white men cant jump." When Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrilson were jawing at the mouth on the court. When Woody says to Wesley " do you know the differnce between me and you? "Well a brotha would rather look good and lose, while me the white guy would rather look bad and win", well people we r the Wesley Snipes of the trucking world. Do you see how that is? example: we get thousands of new trailers and hundreds of new trucks, well that wasent enough? so we get a crap load more new trailers, and then a bunch more new trailers, so we the vitran "team member can look good while we driver for this company, and when we get our checks on friday we lose.......... you see other companys holding on to their old equipment, driving it till the well runs dry. and when they get their checks they "win". so moral of the story " i would rather end my day going home in a cadillac, then driving one all day for vitran...........

the only dollies we have , r ones that belong to the person who uses them. I tell them they are crazy for bringing in your own dollies, but you have your company men right there for ya!
we have some dumb arses like that at our terminal and when they're not there, the lock or chain gets cut and gets used, then they come in the next day and cry like a baby. next time, don't be a company man. the company is suppose to provide the equipment. suprise these guys don't buy the fluids to run the truck too. these are the same people who skip their lunch also.

By the way,out of the 10 jacks we have ...4 drivers bought their own....6 company jacks for 30 city drivers....I need a jack because the dock most the time loads my first stops in the nose...and some customers refuse to move freight thats not theirs ...and some wont let you stage it on their dock anyway....looks like another bring back

whenever there's freight that blocks in the remainder of the route, my dumbass dispatcher asks if i could go to one of my stops and ask them to move it. i tell him no, why should they move freight that's not theirs. either i come back or start picking up.

unload according to the way it is loaded, and if it is back driving, so be it. 3 weeks ago i informed them i am tired of doing their job, from on i unload the way it is loaded. i got almost 13 hours yesterday thanks to them. i have stopped caring, freight bills are down 30% but the loading gets worse,,,,,,,, to bad Vitran, this driver still says if you want to chase greatness, you need to replace more bosses

I cant understand when you have a 9am appt....They nose it up with 10 stops behind it....its unbelieveable...I must always say im a bit nervous....Our fuel cards have been cut off.....Whats up with that?

Last edited by a moderator:
the ship has a hole!!!!!!!!!!!!! what shall we do!!!!???????? I cant chase greatness with the anchor down and a hole in the ship...............:TR10driving03:

fuel cards cut off, nextels cut off, vendors not being paid....when is the two week pay schedule going into effect?

Hold on a second, Nextels were not our doing, Sprint has been rolling the "off" switch across the country all this year, by Dec 31 ALL will be shut off so they can quite losing money everyday on them.

fuel cards? mine didn't work the other day in the yard, had to call office and they reset our pump, we got a hiccup in the system during a lightning storm over the weekend

can't comment on the vendor thing, have no idea

Ours have been cutoff for 2 weeks...Fuel truck now fueling on site until they cut us off...Vendors are not being paid in a timely manner...Thus putting us on credit hold with some...Electric and water still working so i suppose they are still current....Glad i have some savings because it may not be long before our payroll checks start bouncing....Vitran has so much debt that this is really possible...When you got more going out than you got coming in...something has got to give...If we continue to lose customers at the rate we are its not a good outlook...If we cant turn this thing around by the 2nd quarter of 2013 i dont think we will survive...You guys might want to take your vacation a little sooner next year. We must bring the Operation Ratio up in 2013 or this company may come undone.

Ours have been cutoff for 2 weeks...Fuel truck now fueling on site until they cut us off...Vendors are not being paid in a timely manner...Thus putting us on credit hold with some..

Fuel? CK's last video said all are to fuel in yards if you have a bulk tanks, and if you don't have bulk but truck goes linehaul somewhere they do, then that is where it is suppose to fuel. In house fuel is always cheaper than buying it on the road because you are not paying markup (otherwise why do it)