Yellow | Payback at DAL

Yarnell17

TB Lurker
Credits
Well, it looks like this COO is going to be the beginning of the end for DAL and it's unruly Dock!

Those of us on the Road side have seen it coming for a while. We've been told that a second COO is coming right after this one, and the Dock will be decimated. They are trying to get rid of all of the trouble makers that have done nothing but screw us for years.

I guess that's what they for telling the company :butt kiss:.

Anyone heard anything about the second change? I just hope that after all is said and done we all still have a job!:hide:

Well, it looks like this COO is going to be the beginning of the end for DAL and it's unruly Dock!

Those of us on the Road side have seen it coming for a while. We've been told that a second COO is coming right after this one, and the Dock will be decimated. They are trying to get rid of all of the trouble makers that have done nothing but screw us for years.

I guess that's what they for telling the company :butt kiss:.

Anyone heard anything about the second change? I just hope that after all is said and done we all still have a job!:hide:

There is supposed to be a second change in the south and a third change in the west before the end of the year. That's all I know.

Hello Yarnell17.
In response to your accusations you have made that Dallas Dock, has screwed you and your fellow road drivers over for years. I call you and those like you road Primadonna's. You apparently have no idea what goes on in the city operations. We have foremen that can't pull their head out of their butts. What you have experienced is not due to the labor on the dock or the yard. The management at Dallas cuts their own throat more then we do. Just spend 10 hrs straight there and observe the stupid bs they pull on themselves and us At Dallas 97% of us put in a fair day's labor for a fair day's pay. We are not afraid to fight for what we feel is right. And when we fight it is only as a last resort. We in the city have heard enough of your cry baby bs. We fight for ourselves as well as for you. We are all brothers and sisters at Dallas. A wrong against one is a wrong against all.
I have a good feeling you are one of those road drivers that lives in a crystal palace, and brings your dispatcher donuts and coffee before every trip. We have a name for you and those like yourself (:butt kiss:).
Here is another idea for you, show up to a union meeting and hear what is going on at your barn. But I guess that you only believe what T.D.U. tells you.

Whatever!

Hello Yarnell17.
In response to your accusations you have made that Dallas Dock, has screwed you and your fellow road drivers over for years. I call you and those like you road Primadonna's. You apparently have no idea what goes on in the city operations. We have foremen that can't pull their head out of their butts. What you have experienced is not due to the labor on the dock or the yard. The management at Dallas cuts their own throat more then we do. Just spend 10 hrs straight there and observe the stupid bs they pull on themselves and us At Dallas 97% of us put in a fair day's labor for a fair day's pay. We are not afraid to fight for what we feel is right. And when we fight it is only as a last resort. We in the city have heard enough of your cry baby bs. We fight for ourselves as well as for you. We are all brothers and sisters at Dallas. A wrong against one is a wrong against all.
I have a good feeling you are one of those road drivers that lives in a crystal palace, and brings your dispatcher donuts and coffee before every trip. We have a name for you and those like yourself (:butt kiss:).
Here is another idea for you, show up to a union meeting and hear what is going on at your barn. But I guess that you only believe what T.D.U. tells you.

Sounds Great, except it is all BS.

I and many road drivers have had to wait for hours while lazy *** hostlers put around the yard, or sleep in the road tractors while we wait for our load.

I've lost track of the times that I've had to get out of a truck in the middle of the week, while the hostlers sleep in 4 or 5 good tractors in the back. I will agree that the management are fools. Fools for letting you get by with it. Never once have the Dock or yard ever fought for the road and most of us know it!

I wonder why DAL is the only yard with all of the problems? As for going to the meetings, why should we when it is basically run by the Yard and Dock crew and our wothless BA. Anyone that ever had a dissenting view was shouted down or intimidated.

No, I guess I'll just wait and see the outcome of a lot of lazy jerks getting their just dues.:biglaugh:

Hello Yarnell17.

LOL!!! Ain't that the truth ?

The more things change the more they stay the same.:biglaugh:

After more than 20 years in the city at DAL, I can tell you more than I have room to put here. There are many things wrong on both sides of the fence. It is not JUST management, nor is it JUST the union's fault.

You can start with the basics:
1) When a new casual starts out on the dock, they give them a simple forklift test then turn them loose on it. There is no equipment available to handle hand freight, so the newbie grabs, stabs, impales pushes the freight down the dock to where it is going.

2) Management won't say anything to them, for fear that they might be someone's friend, and wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the men there.

3) Too many at DAL hire in, and they think that they don't have to work. The attitude is that "They have a job for life. Yellow can't fire me." Unfortunately, after the past few years, with 745 going to bat for family members at DAL to get their jobs back, this is all too true.

4) The few times when the company tried to tighten down and enforce some work rules, they either backed down too soon, or one of the 100 or so asst. union stewards made some type of deal to get the company to back down.

I have seen many come to DAL from other companies, just trying to get their time in for a pension, and they will all tell you, DAL is the easiest job they ever had. Most of them don't have a problem working, since they have done it before. One told me, "This place is like a country club!".

I could go on and on, but thankfully I don't have to work there now. I am 25 miles away, and I hope we don't get any of the troublemakers on this next COO.

From what I read those of you bashing your union brothers might need to go to a non union company where your butt kissing will get you somewhere.

After more than 20 years in the city at DAL, I can tell you more than I have room to put here. There are many things wrong on both sides of the fence. It is not JUST management, nor is it JUST the union's fault.

You can start with the basics:
1) When a new casual starts out on the dock, they give them a simple forklift test then turn them loose on it. There is no equipment available to handle hand freight, so the newbie grabs, stabs, impales pushes the freight down the dock to where it is going.

2) Management won't say anything to them, for fear that they might be someone's friend, and wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the men there.

3) Too many at DAL hire in, and they think that they don't have to work. The attitude is that "They have a job for life. Yellow can't fire me." Unfortunately, after the past few years, with 745 going to bat for family members at DAL to get their jobs back, this is all too true.

4) The few times when the company tried to tighten down and enforce some work rules, they either backed down too soon, or one of the 100 or so asst. union stewards made some type of deal to get the company to back down.

I have seen many come to DAL from other companies, just trying to get their time in for a pension, and they will all tell you, DAL is the easiest job they ever had. Most of them don't have a problem working, since they have done it before. One told me, "This place is like a country club!".

I could go on and on, but thankfully I don't have to work there now. I am 25 miles away, and I hope we don't get any of the troublemakers on this next COO.

Hey there Brother,

I wish I was in Garland too! I do apologize for lumping everyone in the DAL yard and Dock as good-for-nothings, I and many other road drivers know that there is an element there that does try to do the right thing. These men are our Union Brothers and do want to do a fair days work for a fair days pay.

I hope for your sake you don't get any of the trouble makers as well. GAR is getting it done, and putting DAL to shame.

As for the Devil, I will refrain from lumping you into the Classification that most DAL road drivers put you into, as spoiled company men. I don't know your situation there, and you don't know ours, I can't comment on yours, you shouldn't comment on ours.

I do know that no one has a dock and yard force quite like ours!

:1036316054:

Yarnell 17 I was sorry to see this from a brother DAL road driver. If you would take a day off and go to the meetings once a month you may understand whats going on at the terminal. I believe you listen to the wrong people about what a union is. A union is the members sticking together. ALL THE MEMBERS. The day you understand this you will be considered a brother teamster.

Yarnell 17 I was sorry to see this from a brother DAL road driver. If you would take a day off and go to the meetings once a month you may understand whats going on at the terminal. I believe you listen to the wrong people about what a union is. A union is the members sticking together. ALL THE MEMBERS. The day you understand this you will be considered a brother teamster.

Wow! That is your solution! Go to the propoganda, oops, I mean meetings? If you are a road driver, then you must be one of the ones that bend over for the City and ask for another.

I went to my share of the meetings and i know how it goes out there. Ken B and his Yard Dogs are all over anyone who has a dissenting opinion! Look what happened to Mike O! The only great steward that we ever had, and Ken the enforcer had him removed on trumped up charges, because he didn't fall in line with everything that he wanted. mike stood up for the drivers, and that is what he got!

As soon as Ken and the rest of those clowns are out of the local, maybe I'll start going again, until then, I don't need my monthly brain washing session to know what is going on at DAL!:duh: