Paying it forward

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
I had 17 stops friday, our system went down and I didn't start and leave the yard till 0900, I got no help sent to me, a sales rep called me around dark and he took a 12 case stop which helped. One of my friends took it upon himself to come help me throw my last stop, the executive chef was hot!! He helped and we got it off quick and got back to the yard.

One of my co-workers and a friend, got tasked with delivering these stops on Sat. I got up early and went with him, on my own dime.

I'm not posting this so ya'll can say way to go GT, I don't want to hear that, in fact, all I want is for everyone to take a lesson, I made this decision last night when I found out my friend kieth was gonna have to do this, I know how much it sucks delivering stops on Sat., he appreciated the help and the company.

It was a small part of my day, it helped that I like the guy, he is one of the nicest guys on the yard, I just refuse to be selfish and cold, with my friends and my family, when I was drinking heavy, I woulda F'ed anyone so I could do my thing, man I just can't do that anymore.

All I wish is that everyone would think of others and be nice, it really makes an impact on folks lives, people never forget self sacrifice in their behalf, the favor may be re-payed one day. If it is good, if it ain't, I'm good with that too.

I can look at myself in the mirror and know I do the right thing, that to me is worth everything.

Hmm. Awesome thing to do for your buddy... and in a way, good to know ya'll had to deal with the system being down as well. I was one of the lucky ones... my route starts at 2100 hours Friday night, so I got out only two hours late, being the first route of the night and having about 350 miles to cover. Was nice to not have to deal with scanners, stops come off faster that way...

Pay it forward = Good Karma. Absolutely worth it!!

gt its good that you done that for your buddy,But the lesson I got on it is my dts told me there will be no way my buddy could go with me on a sat run on his on time if he was not schedule to go. he couldn't be in a company truck. He said if we were in some typ of accident or he had some typ of injury.the company may fire him for not being on the clock.he say also that he may violate dot hour for not loging on. then he told me if the safty directory found out we all 3 may not have a job. I don't know your sysco house aloud this my don't. it's not the company fault it's just the rules.also he tolde me look in the hand book. and this is the lesson I learn.

I was the co-driver on XATA, sometimes we all have to go without a handheld, our time clock, XATA backs that up, I was covered. They can pay me if they want, I wasn't asking for it though, I wanted to make that clear to them so they would let me go with him. Its all over now, I hope that sort of mess don't happen again any time soon.