TForce | Pension Proof

Greezy Trucker

TB Veteran
Credits
It is obvious what the teamster people get for their retirement. But what I want to know is where are the living examples of the O pension????? The guys that have retired and are living their lives on their O pension.

If there has been O employees that have told what they are getting, then I appologize, I missed it somewhere.

And if you are union I know what you all get and think it is great so please don't jump in and restate your bennies or pension. I know it is good. Prove you all can have control and respect a non-union question.

I dont like being told what to respect. in fact i have no respect for non-union anything. hold up a mirror to an apple so you can compare apples to apples.

greezy trucker said:
It is obvious what the teamster people get for their retirement. But what I want to know is where are the living examples of the O pension????? The guys that have retired and are living their lives on their O pension.

If there has been O employees that have told what they are getting, then I appologize, I missed it somewhere.

And if you are union I know what you all get and think it is great so please don't jump in and restate your bennies or pension. I know it is good. Prove you all can have control and respect a non-union question.

:tribehasspoken: There are plenty of examples of OVNT retirement's. I wanted to know about mine so I inquired. This is what I got back I have 20 years. If I retired right now at 56 I would get $770.83 if I took the 50%Joint Survivor it would be $721.42. 100% Joint would be $677.94 Level income at 62 $1442.10 based on income of $52,314.97. If you want to know what you get just ask the company, don't go off on some rant:bgroovy:

dvr49 said:
:tribehasspoken: There are plenty of examples of OVNT retirement's. I wanted to know about mine so I inquired. This is what I got back I have 20 years. If I retired right now at 56 I would get $770.83 if I took the 50%Joint Survivor it would be $721.42. 100% Joint would be $677.94 Level income at 62 $1442.10 based on income of $52,314.97. If you want to know what you get just ask the company, don't go off on some rant:bgroovy:

Some rant?????????????

It was a simple question, to anyone that is or has retired and is actually getting the retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do ask what is proposed that I will get, but what they say you'll get and what someone is actually getting is two different things.

greezy trucker said:

GT, there is a discussion about pension under the Union/Non Union fourm under Will "UPS Freight join the union" thread.

Still no answer. But the O pension is so much better!!!! WHERE IS THE PROOF!!!!!!!!!!

steve5 nothing as far as an answer on there same ol' company says this what you'll get. But apparently no one even knows someone that has retired. So is that because they mysteriously disapeared before they retired.

greezy; The only person that I know anything about his retirement is a Big O road driver that retierd the first of this year. I'm pretty sure his "best 5 over the last 10 years" average was about $68,000. He gets close to $2,900 per month. As far as I know, he does pay for his insurance. Just him. Not his spouse. I can get more details if you want, but it will take a couple of days to get back to you. Got to run out tonight and return tomorrow. Let me know if this has been any help.

P.S. He retired w/30 yrs. at 58 or 59 yrs. of age.

wassesname said:
I dont like being told what to respect. in fact i have no respect for non-union anything. hold up a mirror to an apple so you can compare apples to apples.
WOW! That was a impressive comeback! :chairshot:

HEAVY-METAL said:
greezy; The only person that I know anything about his retirement is a Big O road driver that retierd the first of this year. I'm pretty sure his "best 5 over the last 10 years" average was about $68,000. He gets close to $2,900 per month. As far as I know, he does pay for his insurance. Just him. Not his spouse. I can get more details if you want, but it will take a couple of days to get back to you. Got to run out tonight and return tomorrow. Let me know if this has been any help.

That's about what I have it figured out as. Close to three grand and I'll have 30 years in at 62 plus my SS. Also a pretty juicy 401 and paid off house.

Life is good...

P.S. Mine should be better because I average quite a bit more than 68,000 a year.

Skeeter said:
That's about what I have it figured out as. Close to three grand and I'll have 30 years in at 62 plus my SS. Also a pretty juicy 401 and paid off house.

Life is good...

P.S. Mine should be better because I average quite a bit more than 68,000 a year.
Skeeter I only have a 9 more years to go until my 30 years of service. The only thing is... I will only be 51 years old and I will have to work an extra 4 years more after that.... And I don't think I will be taking home as much as you. You line haul drivers make quite a bit more then the city dose.

pension

I have been told that your pension total will include your SS check. Example...I earn a pensoin of $2500.00. My SS check will be $1800.00. $2500.0 - $1800.00 = $ 700.00.$700.00 is what I would receive from my UPSF pension. I have a hard timre believing this and am awaiting proof to verify it. If and when I receive the proof I will post it here for all to see.

Old School said:
I have been told that your pension total will include your SS check. Example...I earn a pensoin of $2500.00. My SS check will be $1800.00. $2500.0 - $1800.00 = $ 700.00.$700.00 is what I would receive from my UPSF pension. I have a hard timre believing this and am awaiting proof to verify it. If and when I receive the proof I will post it here for all to see.

Old School, I think what you are saying is correct for a single employer pension fund. Will have to do some digging myself to see.

Old School said:
This is a true statement.

Mike01 said:
But I believe with a multi-employer pension fund, you SS check is NOT deducted

Thats correct Mike, Whatever we will be getting from SS will be in addition to our full pension amounts.

HEAVY-METAL said:

Thanks Heavy Metal. Just want to hear some stories of reality. If you don't mind more info would be great. Thanks again.

Skeeter said:

Life is good...

That is a good retirement, thanks for your response skeeter.

Silverhawk1 said:
Skeeter I only have a 9 more years to go until my 30 years of service. The only thing is... I will only be 51 years old and I will have to work an extra 4 years more after that.... And I don't think I will be taking home as much as you. You line haul drivers make quite a bit more then the city dose.

So is the age requirement 55 or older? Being from MC we haven't got the info yet so please be parient of my ignorance.

CFer said:
Thats correct Mike, Whatever we will be getting for from SS will be in addition to our full pension amounts.

Well that is kind of a big difference. If, say you get $2200 a month plus $1800 ss, compared to $2200 total.