Yellow | Pension tussle taking center stage in Yellow bankruptcy

There's another bankruptcy court hearing concerning Central States on February 14!

Staytuned Tuner GIF by tuningkind

Oh yes Wilmington.

I remember FFE Trucking Company keeping (Renting) a single locked room with a phone inside of the second story of the tulsa truckstop. Drivers would be sent there to wait to load so they think, for a day. But the real reason is to have a company agent on site to fulfil the necessary regulations in that state to keep that unused space. (The address is publicly listed on the side of the door in those days)

Wilmington, Charlotte and Bismarck comes to mind in terms of financial things that favor corporations excessively. All the other states would not allow such rapage.

Oh yes Wilmington.

I remember FFE Trucking Company keeping (Renting) a single locked room with a phone inside of the second story of the tulsa truckstop. Drivers would be sent there to wait to load so they think, for a day. But the real reason is to have a company agent on site to fulfil the necessary regulations in that state to keep that unused space. (The address is publicly listed on the side of the door in those days)

Wilmington, Charlotte and Bismarck comes to mind in terms of financial things that favor corporations excessively. All the other states would not allow such rapage.
As I remember FFE also had their own fleet that competed with O/O's that leased to them for the better paying loads. Guess who gets the better paying loads when a company owns their own fleet & also leases to O/O's?

Assuming they are still alive, I wonder what happens to payments of individuals that are receiving injury payments due to an accident? At Roadway we had an individual that was paralyzed due to an accident and subsequent rollover. If he is still alive I'm sure his medical care is ongoing. The company I assume was found at fault for the rollover due to mistakes on maintenance.

Assuming they are still alive, I wonder what happens to payments of individuals that are receiving injury payments due to an accident? At Roadway we had an individual that was paralyzed due to an accident and subsequent rollover. If he is still alive I'm sure his medical care is ongoing. The company I assume was found at fault for the rollover due to mistakes on maintenance.
Why would that not be workman’s compensation responsibility?

Why would that not be workman’s compensation responsibility?
Who is the Union going to file a grievance against if they play games with the workers comp the company in bankruptcy? I really think these Health and Welfare funds with Billions should cover former Yellow members plus their families for a year. It's a real shame laid off and injured Teamsters waiting over a day in line at the free Cook County Stroger Hospital waiting to get treatment right to next to Teamster city shame on O'Brien!

Who is the Union going to file a grievance against if they play games with the workers comp the company in bankruptcy? I really think these Health and Welfare funds with Billions should cover former Yellow members plus their families for a year. It's a real shame laid off and injured Teamsters waiting over a day in line at the free Cook County Stroger Hospital waiting to get treatment right to next to Teamster city shame on O'Brien!
Workman’s compensation is state run correct? Why would the company have anything to do with it?

We had 1 injured Yrc employee at our terminal and 2 at Holland nearby when the company filed bankruptcy. Sedgwick handled the work comp for yellow for about a month after the closure. The state picked up the injured employees and transferred their claims to workers comp from self insured.. I still talk to all 3 injured workers, none of them missed a check or had any lapse in coverage and all have had surgeries to fix the problems that Sedgwick kept denying.

Workman’s compensation is state run correct? Why would the company have anything to do with it?
I think Jaloc is talking about the company (Yellow) being required to make the full Health&Welfare/Pension contributions for 12-months for an on the job injury. Below is the Southern Region and Western Region language.

IMG_2501.md.jpeg IMG_2502.md.jpeg

I think Jaloc is talking about the company (Yellow) being required to make the full Health&Welfare/Pension contributions for 12-months for an on the job injury. Below is the Southern Region and Western Region language.

IMG_2501.md.jpeg IMG_2502.md.jpeg
So the contract supersedes state law on workers compensation, or the teamsters take over the workers compensation from the state?