FedEx Freight | Pension

The current pension is a PPA portable pension account. It has been in place approximately eight years. The contribution level is dependent upon the combined total of age and years of service. I'm not certain but I think the entry level is three percent of gross wages. The upper limit is six percent when age and years of service equal 70.

Portable Pension Account Compensation Credits

Age + years of credited service for benefit accrual (as of May 31 of prior plan year)

Compensation credit (based on prior
calendar-year eligible earnings)

Less than 55=3%

55 – 64=4%

65 – 74=5%

75 or over=6%

Didn't those that were at Viking with pension contributions carry over to the FEDEX plan? My contribution years at FEDEX are more than I have with the company unless I add the time with Spartan Express (Viking).

Didn't those that were at Viking with pension contributions carry over to the FEDEX plan? My contribution years at FEDEX are more than I have with the company unless I add the time with Spartan Express (Viking).
Can't speak to the Viking plan, other than it was said to be superior.

Our resident retired Viking guy will be along shortly, I suspect.

My old Viking plan is seperate from the PPA. It was capped out when we became Fedex Freight. Or when the PPA started??? I better let the retired guy answer...

Who needs TP?
PPA started in 2008. Watkins and AF years of service are counted for contribution rate. But of course I will defer to the all knowing ST who will surely pronounce that I hate what I'm talking about.

Hell, I need TP otherwise I gotta resort to using old FedEx issue socks