XPO | Pepsi Whoa Yes Diet Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

brutus61

TB Lurker
Credits
say my fellow conway drivers i know this is a driving forum but check this out , next time you buy a pepsi i pref coke-a cola ,look at the can and see what i am saying here is true about this , ok thank and let me know cause if the new cans say this then i am correct but if they dont and this email is a hoax i will double clutch that emailer friend of mine:17:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Fw: Do not buy the new Pepsi cans

Subject: DON'T BUY PEPSI IN THE NEW CAN!

Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a new "patriotic" can
coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building, and the
Pledge of Allegiance on them.
However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge,

"Under God."
Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone.

In that case, we don't
want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office, either!
So if we don't buy any Pepsi product, they will not be offended
when they don't receive our money that has the words

"In God We Trust" on it.

HOW FAST CAN YOU FORWARD THIS ONE?

brutus61 said:
say my fellow conway drivers i know this is a driving forum but check this out , next time you buy a pepsi i pref coke-a cola ,look at the can and see what i am saying here is true about this , ok thank and let me know cause if the new cans say this then i am correct but if they dont and this email is a hoax i will double clutch that emailer friend of mine:17:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject: Fw: Do not buy the new Pepsi cans

Subject: DON'T BUY PEPSI IN THE NEW CAN!

Don't buy Pepsi in the new can. Pepsi has a new "patriotic" can
coming out with pictures of the Empire State Building, and the
Pledge of Allegiance on them.
However, Pepsi left out two little words on the pledge,

"Under God."
Pepsi said they didn't want to offend anyone.

In that case, we don't
want to offend anyone at the Pepsi corporate office, either!
So if we don't buy any Pepsi product, they will not be offended
when they don't receive our money that has the words

"In God We Trust" on it.

HOW FAST CAN YOU FORWARD THIS ONE?
your right i read it last week in the news paper. it sad i will be drinking coke now.

You've received an erroneous email about a "patriotic can" that Pepsi allegedly produced with an edited version of America's Pledge of Allegiance. The truth is, Pepsi never produced such a can. In fact, this is a hoax that has been circulating on the Internet for more than four years. A patriotic package used in 2001 by Dr Pepper (which is not a part of PepsiCo) was inappropriately linked to Pepsi. Details of the hoax can be found at http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/undergod.asp.

Thanks for giving us the chance to clarify the situation and please feel free to share this note with anyone else who may have received the message.

http://pepsi.com/help/false_rumor.php

Origins: Although there once was some truth to the item quoted above, the information it contains is long outdated and never had anything to do with Pepsi or Coca-Cola. Neither soda company is producing, or has ever produced, redesigned cans bearing any portion of the Pledge of Allegiance or an image of the Empire State Building. This issue concerns a special patriotic can design produced by Dr Pepper back in November 2001, a can which was marketed for a limited time and has been off of store shelves for three years now (since February 2002).

The brouhaha began in mid-November 2001, when the Dr Pepper soft drink company, in response to the terrorist attacks on America a few months earlier, introduced a new can design featuring the Statue of Liberty with the words "ONE NATION . . . INDIVISIBLE" from the Pledge of Allegiance displayed above it:
drpepper.jpg

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/undergod.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.