Yellow | Phone Bid....... The Day After

EddieMac1

TB Lurker
Credits
So now that the phone bid has come and gone, anyone care to share their experience, good or bad? I understand for the sake of maintaining anonymity that some may not care to get very specific about where they transferred out of or to.
I'll start. As anyone who attended at any location knows, the process started late, and there were some problems getting all the terminals on line. It did seem that after it finally did start, it moved along fairly well, at least for the portion of time that I was there. When my name was called, I took the plunge and decided to transfer to a new location. Keeping fingers crossed that I made the right decision........

There should have been an easier way to get our questions answered before the phone bid actually started - I almost did not bid on what I wanted because at the beginning, I must have misheard the announcer say that only 1 terminal was open for non-cdl employees. By a question and bid placed later by some one - only did I get my question answered. We felt as if we were slowing the whole process down and making every one else sit through them stopping and answering question that in now way were answered before hand

I worked a 13hour day and sat there for 12 hours straight before it got to me lol

after some sleep, I am just glad it is over and I got what I wanted...

and a really big thankz to all those guys passing - I did not think I had a chance beforehand

I got what I wanted by getting out of Memphis. The fact that I am going to work in TXR is just a bonus. The process seemed as if it was not well thought through, not enough information was sent out beforehand, and if there was a question you were made to seem as if you were bothering them, or just stupid. I did not ike the process, but it is the way this company does things.

There should have been an easier way to get our questions answered before the phone bid actually started - I almost did not bid on what I wanted because at the beginning, I must have misheard the announcer say that only 1 terminal was open for non-cdl employees. By a question and bid placed later by some one - only did I get my question answered. We felt as if we were slowing the whole process down and making every one else sit through them stopping and answering question that in now way were answered before hand

I worked a 13hour day and sat there for 12 hours straight before it got to me lol

after some sleep, I am just glad it is over and I got what I wanted...

and a really big thankz to all those guys passing - I did not think I had a chance beforehand

Wow man, talk about a long day. Glad you hung in there and got what you wanted!

option 2 was insane.. Could not move because of it. Guy with 10 years less seniority scored my spot. Plus couldn't bid on the number 2 choice because 2 guys junior by years were the first to bid out on utility because they wanted to go to our 2 terminals we had bids on. Me and others just watched as we were locked out on bidding and watched junior men go. Thanks Tyson. Bring back Phil young. Easier pill to swallow if senior men took the slots.

option 2 was insane.. Could not move because of it. Guy with 10 years less seniority scored my spot. Plus couldn't bid on the number 2 choice because 2 guys junior by years were the first to bid out on utility because they wanted to go to our 2 terminals we had bids on. Me and others just watched as we were locked out on bidding and watched junior men go. Thanks Tyson. Bring back Phil young. Easier pill to swallow if senior men took the slots.

That really sucks bro. Is there any good reason why they didnt go through the list one time and have the guy bid either velocity or ultility instead of breaking it up like they did?

I personally couldn't make it to the bids, but that's a different story. From what I heard it was a fluster -cluck. The B/A forgot to mention the language change of the Texas hearing and it pissed off a lot of drivers.

Well, I'm moving to Boston, MA, mainly because the wife is from there.

First problem is getting moved by the 6th of July. Not a lot of time.

Second issue, I really don't see how I can live for 2 months waiting for Mass to do my background investigation for my Haz Mat endorsement.

And finding anyplace to rent around there wit a dog is pretty tough.

maybe I'll get lucky and get a Buffalo bid.

Well, I'm moving to Boston, MA, mainly because the wife is from there.

First problem is getting moved by the 6th of July. Not a lot of time.

Second issue, I really don't see how I can live for 2 months waiting for Mass to do my background investigation for my Haz Mat endorsement.

And finding anyplace to rent around there wit a dog is pretty tough.

maybe I'll get lucky and get a Buffalo bid.

Big Bucks to live in Bahstin. Your gonna save a fortune not payin those GI tolls:biglaugh:Good luck on your move.......