Yellow | Physical Ability Test

beetlebuilder

TB Lurker
Credits
I am going to take my pre-employment physical ability test tomorrow. I read in another thread what the test is made up of physically. Can anyone tell me if blood pressure is tested too. I get nervous as soon as that cuff is put around my arm. It always makes my blood pressure go higher. So they leave me alone in the room and turn off the lights and keep on re-checking it until it finally drops. Thank you.

If they have you doing a repetitive exercise and they ask you if your ready to stop, tell them no. Stop when they tell you to stop.

If they have you doing a repetitive exercise and they ask you if your ready to stop, tell them no. Stop when they tell you to stop.

In my opinion they were looking for the people who gave up quickly more than how physicaly fit you are. Within reason of course. so pace yourself .Good luck.

motivation is what they are looking for

I am going to take my pre-employment physical ability test tomorrow. I read in another thread what the test is made up of physically. Can anyone tell me if blood pressure is tested too. I get nervous as soon as that cuff is put around my arm. It always makes my blood pressure go higher. So they leave me alone in the room and turn off the lights and keep on re-checking it until it finally drops. Thank you.
Like one of the posts, said, don't stop until they say ok and look them in the face with your eyes (just with your eyes saying I want this job and you got me if you want me)...watch your blood pressure, though...if your doctor thinks it's a problem...seriously...Yellow knows what your doctor knows, trust me, friend.

I too took my PAT yesterday...so, if I fully completed all exercises with no apparent problems, then I should be good to go? Didn't know what i was shooting for as far numbers are concerned.

If you are in decent shape, you will be fine. As far as numbers, I dont know. I think anyone of average strength or stamina would pass. I believe the biggest problem with people failing is either breathing problems or heart rate getting to high. Im sur you did fine