Yellow | "Pick it up on time. Deliver it on time. Don't bust it"!

Yes it is long past overdue, however think of the millions it would cost to change all of that over.
Money was better spent giving the BOD a raise !!

How about a new corporate culture, we all pull together to get the job done and make ourselves a company that customers will pay a preimium to ship with us. Oh yea, I have to throw out my jacket.

Guess that explains games played Thursday night OKC/531
Couldn't close out satellites trailers (Too light must make numbers 1st, 17.000#per trailer cant close)
Asked what about 2 time critical's on trailer "1 is only $100 other is $250) nothing we can do.
We ever get back to moving freight and quit playing games we might make it.

Guess that explains games played Thursday night OKC/531
Couldn't close out satellites trailers (Too light must make numbers 1st, 17.000#per trailer cant close)
Asked what about 2 time critical's on trailer "1 is only $100 other is $250) nothing we can do.
We ever get back to moving freight and quit playing games we might make it.
Send the satellite terminal a freight table full of load bars. Thats always good for a few thousand pounds.

Ya can't fix stupid! Thats why this freakin company will eventually put itself out of business.
Won't run a trailer because it doesn't have 17000#, only 13000! But the dumba$$es will hook an M/T to it and take it to the destination terminal!
The first thing that moron welcher should have done instead of giving his board of douchebags a raise was decide on going back to either yellow or roadway name brand! Flip a coin or whatever but just get rid of that goofy, makes no sense, nobody knows what it stands for yrc crap. All they'd have to do is peel off those gawd awful stickers they bought at the dollar store and half or more of the fleet is relabeled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen a big improvement in service in the last 2 or 3 weeks on my route. Beating service standard printed on bills consistently by 1 and sometimes 2 days. Only late bills coming from Dallas.

Ya can't fix stupid! Thats why this freakin company will eventually put itself out of business.
Won't run a trailer because it doesn't have 17000#, only 13000! But the dumba$$es will hook an M/T to it and take it to the destination terminal!
The first thing that moron welcher should have done instead of giving his board of douchebags a raise was decide on going back to either yellow or roadway name brand! Flip a coin or whatever but just get rid of that goofy, makes no sense, nobody knows what it stands for yrc crap. All they'd have to do is peel off those gawd awful stickers that bought at the dollar store and half or more of the fleet is relabeled.

I'm with you turboj. I just can't understand why they're sticking with the YRC crap when they have two known, venerable brands at their disposal. Like you said, flip a coin and use a name somebodies heard of. I'm from the Roadway side but would have no problem with them calling it Yellow.

Yawning..just wondering why when I'm reading these forums with my head on my hand.why I keep hearing my heartbeat faintly in my ear

Sent from my LG-P999 using Forum Runner

Yawning..just wondering why when I'm reading these forums with my head on my hand.why I keep hearing my heartbeat faintly in my ear

Sent from my LG-P999 using Forum Runner
Sounds like your blocking an artery. Same thing happens when I walk around with my hands down my pants.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree with the flip the coin deal deal. Heres why there are some places that just plain hated roadway or yellow just because and used some one else. Merger names can sucessfull.

Some off the top of my head
Exxon mobil formaly just exxon and mobil was seperate
United and continental. -- both airlines were seperate
Bnsf - nobody remembers the green burlington northern, or santa fe.
Want more google it... Al these names pre merger and after are well know.

Now ask your self how did people know rdwy or yellow. Did the name make them or did the workers behind it make the name what it is know today ? So it boils down to what the title of thread means pick it up and deliver it on time damage free. Basically do you job period , and people will know soon enough what YRC stands for. Just like people dahm well know who roadway + yellow was and how they got to be know as they were.

I disagree with the flip the coin deal deal. Heres why there are some places that just plain hated roadway or yellow just because and used some one else. Merger names can sucessfull.

Now ask your self how did people know rdwy or yellow. Did the name make them or did the workers behind it make the name what it is know today ? So it boils down to what the title of thread means pick it up and deliver it on time damage free. Basically do you job period , and people will know soon enough what YRC stands for. Just like people dahm well know who roadway + yellow was and how they got to be know as they were.
Don't forget Ryder/P-I-E/Helms/Byrns/Transcon Nationwide! There were so many different colored hats, nobody knew who they were!

Right before they slamed them together the bill count was 120,000 a day, give or take.And that was during the height of the depression. Fell almost overnite to 40,000. Wonder what that count would be today if they had left them alone.
They'll never see that number again and even if by some chance customers were returning in "droves" they couldn't handle it since they've sold everything and canned over half the workforce.
I guess thats to be expected, management can't help themselves, stupid is just in their nature!

PS: They'd still have been better to keep one brand name since the bill count would still be much higher then now. And theres still exxon and mobil depending on where you are, no exxon here.
Plus you can't really use the other companies as examples, its like comparing apples to garlic(yrc)in the way they are operated.

Yes , they should have just chose one of the names , but they did not and it is too late to go back now , Welch is right , we have no choice but to move on. Yellow is dead , Roadway is gone , but both live a bit in YRC,

Yes , they should have just chose one of the names , but they did not and it is too late to go back now , Welch is right , we have no choice but to move on. Yellow is dead , Roadway is gone , but both live a bit in YRC,
The pride you felt for which ever company you worked for before needs to be brought to YRC. Show the customer
we want their business.

I really don't think the name means much to the customers, there is no doubt that they know who you folks are. What you need to do is get your pricing in order so you're making money on what you are hauling and do the job like we all know you can. Once in a while I still hear a little chatter about how ABF ruined Carolina carriers and visa versa and that was what, 16 years ago? And I KNOW that Carolina ruined ABF.

I hear the talk about how this was better at Roadway, that was better at Yellow, etc. All of our companies have/had things that were better than what the others had in a given area. What strikes me as odd is that they never look at each others operations and take the best of what the competition is doing. I know the Japanese and the Chinese do it with our manufacturing and it sounds like a logical thing to do.

In closing I'd like to say forget about the name, get your pricing in order, get some new equipment and run the operation correctly. And good luck over there.