Yellow | "Pick it up on time. Deliver it on time. Don't bust it"!

get some new equipment
That was one common area, neither had new equipment
lol-045.gif

I really don't think the name means much to the customers, there is no doubt that they know who you folks are. What you need to do is get your pricing in order so you're making money on what you are hauling and do the job like we all know you can. Once in a while I still hear a little chatter about how ABF ruined Carolina carriers and visa versa and that was what, 16 years ago? And I KNOW that Carolina ruined ABF.

I hear the talk about how this was better at Roadway, that was better at Yellow, etc. All of our companies have/had things that were better than what the others had in a given area. What strikes me as odd is that they never look at each others operations and take the best of what the competition is doing. I know the Japanese and the Chinese do it with our manufacturing and it sounds like a logical thing to do.

In closing I'd like to say forget about the name, get your pricing in order, get some new equipment and run the operation correctly. And good luck over there.

90% of the places I go into
"Who are you with"
YRC
"WHO"
YRC
"WHO"
Yellow Roadway
OH your with Yellow (OR Roadway)
Most freight crossing the dock either says Roadway or Yellow On it Very Little says YRC

I do still see a lot of freight with one name or the other on it, seems to depend on which company their regular driver comes from but from all else that I have seen here the shippers know the scoop. And I have never heard them complain about any of the three (YRC, Roadway, or Yellow). But that's just me where I am.

Try buying parts, there's the Roadway discount, the Yellow discount or the YRC discount seldom are they the same number..................