Pilot Lawsuit

Discussion in 'The Drivers Lounge' started by ltl lifer, Nov 25, 2013.

1. ltl lifer

ltl lifer Sr. Citizen & Gold Member

2. RacerX69

RacerX69 Retired Gear Jammer/IBEW Retired/Wingnut

Still, the amount that will actually get into the hands of those who were screwed won't amount to much. Never does in class action settlements. Spread a large amount over thousands of those who got the shaft and you get enough to buy a nice dinner maybe.

3. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Active Member

I was leased to a company in the 90s that was sued for making illegal deductions from o/o settlements to the tune of $30 per week. I was there 30 months, so about four grand for me.

They agreed to a lump sum settlement to be split among everybody that was leased on during that period. I received a check for $42.

The lawyers win because they still get their third of the seven figure settlement.

4. RacerX69

RacerX69 Retired Gear Jammer/IBEW Retired/Wingnut

There ain't no justice!

I almost went to law school when I was trying to choose my path in life. Had I done so it may have led to me grabbing a chunk of that third. But I realized what a bunch of low life vermin lawyers are and chose engineering instead. Got out of school, got a job, got laid off, got on at the power company, served an apprenticeship (the original 4 year degree) and turned wrenches for 30 years, then retired.

Now I are a twuck dwiver. :1sm057crazy: