Estes | Pilot Program For 62 MPH Trucks

littledawg

On The Wild Side
Credits
Yep. That's right. We have drivers who volunteered to have their trucks turned down to 62 MPH so Richmond can see the effects on fuel mileage. Awesome, huh??:shift:

Yep. That's right. We have drivers who volunteered to have their trucks turned down to 62 MPH so Richmond can see the effects on fuel mileage. Awesome, huh??:shift:

How can drivers volunteer? it's estes' equipment. And it's probably a push from the insurance companies.

Well, the Big E will still be able to pass me by 4 mph, actually it will save fuel providing the power is kept up, we at Sysco think low and slow saves fuel, very low power and 58 mph to me equals more fuel consumption, when I can't climb a moderate hill?

I hope you all's powers that be in fleet maintenance recognize the importance of the power to speed ratio...LOL!

It ain't gonna happen guys! Mildew will have none of it, that man likes to run with the big dogs!

Funny you said that GT. I'm experimenting the fuel millage savings on the north end of the speedometer.

How can drivers volunteer? it's estes' equipment. And it's probably a push from the insurance companies

I guess maybe the wrong choice of words. Richmond called certain drivers and asked them to voluntarily have their trucks turned down so they could monitor them. I talked to a team out of Texas that "volunteered". They said there are lots more that "volunteered".
:shrug:

That's it, so our average "safe speed" or logging speed just lowered 5 miles per hour.. Around 54 or 55, if my math is correct.. Costs arrival time 30 minutes, that's one pup per run on breaking the freight.. So that puts the city driver an hour later hittin' the street...

Don't look for "departure times" to be met.... Which very rarely happens anyway.. I'm concerned about "how we care about our customers" anymore.... Certainly not "service oriented" anymore either...

That's it, so our average "safe speed" or logging speed just lowered 5 miles per hour.. Around 54 or 55, if my math is correct.. Costs arrival time 30 minutes, that's one pup per run on breaking the freight.. So that puts the city driver an hour later hittin' the street...

Don't look for "departure times" to be met.... Which very rarely happens anyway.. I'm concerned about "how we care about our customers" anymore.... Certainly not "service oriented" anymore either...
Can't believe they are slowing down. These people nets are putting job scared individuals on the shoulder waiting for a relief driver at 65 mph now. Are we hurting that bad? I just seen a memo a short time ago splaining how we are swimming in it compared to last years numbers.($$$)
I'm fortunate enough to have a truck that is said to be the fastest across the globe but all good things will probably come to an end.

AH Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! Take it from an EX YRC Driver, 62 does turn your nuts blue!! They will be bored to death inside of 1 hour and "fuel savings" (More hysterical laughter,,sorry) is a pipe dream. Sounds like you guys have a glut of ex-YRC Idiot management there today. It's going to COST them money, not save a penny.:LMAO:

AH Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! Take it from an EX YRC Driver, 62 does turn your nuts blue!! They will be bored to death inside of 1 hour and "fuel savings" (More hysterical laughter,,sorry) is a pipe dream. Sounds like you guys have a glut of ex-YRC Idiot management there today. It's going to COST them money, not save a penny.:LMAO:

I'm of the opinion you think its funny we are fixin to get blue balls.

We run 64 normally, but have trucks that are also turned up to 68 and 70 for our long runs. I get the same fuel economy in a hot truck as I do in a normal one.

Can't believe they are slowing down. These people nets are putting job scared individuals on the shoulder waiting for a relief driver at 65 mph now. Are we hurting that bad? I just seen a memo a short time ago splaining how we are swimming in it compared to last years numbers.($$$)
I'm fortunate enough to have a truck that is said to be the fastest across the globe but all good things will probably come to an end.

Oh, it will come to an end.... But where, is another question... Showing up late to the terminals... Showing up late at the customer... Seems like a recipe for "loosing customers".... But hey, Tractor Supply is looking better and better...

Heh. It gets old. 10 hooks & 5 breaks a week. 102 stoplights round trip. I won't be bidding on it next year for sure... I like that paycheck though.

Ouch! Money sure must be nice, but that is one hell of a run..

What if your meet driver is late? Do you have time to water the grass if need be?

No meet man. You gotta know how to work the clock. You got 1 mile before it forces you to driving. I pull over .9 miles from the terminal and go on duty. Pull into the drive and go off duty. Go on duty before I leave and drive .9 and then go to driving manually. That saves me about 4 minutes.

Zip lock bags work better than Gatorade bottles. I do stop once for coffee and once for breakfast though. Once again, you got 1 mile... On duty when you hit the off ramp, driving when you hit the on ramp.

I swapped with a guy Friday night and he ran out of time. Maybe I shouldn't do that too much...