Central Transport | pins

i work for pjax we were told that when we merge we would get $4.50 a pin has this change and when currently we do'nt get nothing for drop an hooking or when we have to wait at the termnial's for freight and we wait alot avg 5 to 10 hour a week

hey freightwaiter, rite now we are doing it by the clock at you hourly rate . so iam loseing money some are losing 200 dollors a week that not rite when you are on the short runs the pins help your check we will find out wed what is going to happen with this problem

from what ive been hearing we will be getting 3to4 cents on the mile to pay us for our pins that really dont cover even half of what we were getting for our drop and hooks:thumbsdown:

well they'll have a lot of drivers who work for nothing when pjax people come over you can make ok money here but they only pay you when the wheels are turning i made 56,000 in 2006 top drivers made in the 70's

More pay cuts to come...

You haven't heard about Phase 2 and Phase three of the new pay structure.

Phase 2 is paying dock time at dock worker pay, not driver pay.

Phase 3 is a graduated mileage pay. 500+ gets 52 cpm, 400+ gets 53, and the rest get 54.

City drivers are going to get hit next. Mark my words.

PAY Scale ?

I was going to ask how the pay was working at Vitran. But after reading all the reply's I'm depressed.

Sandbox
Where ya gettin your info?,could it be considered a reliable source? I'll tell all y'all I've been here about 6 months, consider myself to have a pretty positive attitude about work, life in general, BUT!!! Some of the things I'm seeing here are not positive at all, the taking away of the pin pay for the linehaul drivers being one.
We have had 3 people quit here in Lexington this week, 2 part time dock, and 1 full time driver. All the city runs are being run with little to no time for delays, traffic, etc..., morale at our terminal is low to say the least, some drivers even working through their meal and break periods, with no compensation. Bids are a joke!!! and the drivers have no one to blame but themselves as they are coming in earlier or later than their start times when callled and told, yes I said told not asked to do so.
Hey gearraker how ya doin?, remember this is a forum, and forums are used to discuss events and opinions, so anyone who has an opinion is entitled to air it here. That doesn't mean because they are dissatisfied with their particular situation, they should have to be quiet about it or seek another job, they can and should do exactly as they are doing!!!, sharing info with other people going through similar situations so they can hopefully resolve them to everyones satisfaction.
Just my .02 worth
Take care y'all and be safe.

Can you say NMFA? When they start taking stuff away, it's time to shore up the leak and fight back. Why should you guys work for less than what the average Teamster road driver makes? Start threatening union and they will forget all about taking stuff away.

well rocketmann i do understand that.i just cant understand why some one would work a job they did not like,there are plenty of good driving jobs out there.why be miserable?

lets change this place

Tell everyone you know about this site.

Call the intouch line 1-877-my ideas code talk.

Lets make new freinds at the LOCAL level in your town.:Pick-Me: