Central Transport | Pjax/Vitran integration set to happen May 12th

imported_pjax866

TB Lurker
Credits
The long awaited integration between the two companies is set to go down on Monday May 12th. Freight will finally get rocking for these companies. Cant wait to see this finally get underway.

Pjax/Vitran integration set for May 12th

The long awaited integration between the two companies is set to go down on Monday May 12th. Freight will finally get rocking for these companies. Cant wait to see this finally get underway.

i didnt hear about may 12th . . it would be nice to get it over with though

i havent heard this yet . ill ask around tonight

It was going to happen monday may 5 but was put off until may 12. it would be great to have all pjax, vitran, chris and serria west under one pro number.

Last I heard, May 12th is the date that the salesmen from both companies can start selling in all regions. I still don't see Pjax and Vitran merging terminals anytime soon here in LVL. I heard in July or August. And that was a maybe.

You Pjax drivers are in for some bad news. Hope you're resumes are in order. I hear R&L will be hiring soon.

How are you guys going to accept the pay cuts? I know my pay's not going down....couldn't possibly get any lower.

Gaets, CEO, said it'll all be fair. What do you think?

I got the word today that they have now pushed it back again. Now it supposed to be the 18th of May. Some really screwy new routing of freight coming as well.

I got the word today that they have now pushed it back again. Now it supposed to be the 18th of May. Some really screwy new routing of freight coming as well.

there was a few guys that pulled doubles, erie to pitt, bedford yard to pitt. dont know if they still do that.they never payed drop/hook or detention time the 7 years i was there.

they use to pull a couple sets out of columbus every night 7 8 yrs ago but stoped for some reason,the 2 drivers got 9$ to tear down and set up.

Yeah they are saying now that the new system will be this week. Thursday they they will shut the system down then over the weekend they will purge the system of all freight and make yard checks to move all equiptment in the system then flip the switch. But, I have been hearing that since the beginning of the year.

re: doubles, pay cuts, etc.

When I was at Pjax they paid an extra penny
a mile plus $10 trip pay for messing around
with pups.
Not enough for the arrgravation by any means
Since the 'jax I haven't pulled pups again and
I took my doubles off my CDL.
I'm very happy without it, thanks.

I can't say I'm surprised to hear about pay
cuts being proposed.
They used to pay detention time after
two hours.
When they put a stop to that they lost over
30% of their drivers almost overnight.
Looks like history is repeating itself again.
Seems like they never learn over there.

In order to stay competative I don't see how
Pjax can avoid pay cuts.
They clearly pay above average for the industry but no company can sustain such
practices if they want to aquire new
accounts and attract shippers.
It's a sign of the times folks.
Get used to the idea.

TJ in Pa.