I took my doubles off my CDL.
I'm very happy without it, thanks.

I can't say I'm surprised to hear about pay
cuts being proposed.
They used to pay detention time after
two hours.
When they put a stop to that they lost over
30% of their drivers almost overnight.
Looks like history is repeating itself again.
Seems like they never learn over there.

In order to stay competative I don't see how
Pjax can avoid pay cuts.
They clearly pay above average for the industry but no company can sustain such
practices if they want to aquire new
accounts and attract shippers.
It's a sign of the times folks.
Get used to the idea.

TJ in Pa.

Uh PJAX pays above average pay? Hmmm.. I worked dock there and top out pay was $16.50. I work for Saia now and top out there is over $18. I have been there since August and I am already at $17. PJAX pays mid-level wages if you ask me.

top pay?? fedx freight just went to 21.60 hr, road makes .55 cents a mile... also we get ot after 8 hrs, when i left pjax it was ot after 45 hrs!!. if they cut pay rates they are doomed.

top pay?? fedx freight just went to 21.60 hr, road makes .55 cents a mile... also we get ot after 8 hrs, when i left pjax it was ot after 45 hrs!!. if they cut pay rates they are doomed.

the guy that said "top pay" must be from east coast . they guys in jersey and chicago are in the low to mid 50 cpm range too . heck , they hire at 50 up there . but if you live inbetween those areas (like me) its not that great :chairshot: .

What future acquisitions????

Vitran has bought 4 companies in the last 3 years, pjax-chris trucking-siera west express-and las vegas express....they still need coverage in the northeast and the south east, no doubt once they get everything running smoothly with us, theyll be looking for companies to purchase to complete 100% coverage of the States.

Listen, Don't you think that talking about cutting pay to Drivers is crazy when Vitran has atleast 3 Corporate Offices (Indy,Wichita,Pittsburg, and possably Vegas). As they want to cut your wage they could save alot of money by combining all the corporate jobs to one office. They don't need all them suits setting around eatting S#!t and drawing flys. Other cost cutting ideas, a couple million dollars a year in execitive car leases?