Plea for those getting the shaft

xeastend

TB Veteran
Credits
I have been hearing not so good stories regarding the actions of those of you affected by the closings.
Yea it really sucks!! I dont think anyone blames you for being pissed.BUT please use your head!! While there is satisfaction in "sticking it to Jevic" are you screwing yourselves at the same time?
As much as Jevic is hated now,they are still needed as a reference.Move on ASAP,but please dont do anything that can come back to bite you in the butt.

BTW,I am a road driver,not management.

I think the ugliness has passed jockeyman,
I think you see some positive changes, there may be some small shake ups! but all in all it's looking a little better now.
look to see positive numbers and prehaps some good things comming in the future..

Mind you this is my opinion, and I do take ridicule for my opinion, but this why it's called an open forum.

thumbsuput9.gif

We're going to focus on the regions where we're paid for our value. The concentration is on the Northeast and Midwest. Our customers and the market recognize our value and compensate us better there. It's where our service and density is the strongest. When it comes to low claims, PFF, HazMat handling and professional drivers, no one comes close. We hear some noise from the competition, but by in large, our customers are sticking with us. It will take every single one of us to pull in the same direction. The economy's tight and ain't no one getting bonus or high fiving. The stress levels are high and these next couple of months will define us. I got every rep working their tails off and have been talking to any driver that'll listen.

And by the way, I'm still waiting for those 2 reps that suppossedly went to R&L to leave. I offerred the whole sales group a ride over there if they want to go, but no one's taken me up on it.... :1036316054:

For those drivers that wish to stay, we need someone to talk to.

The smoke hasnt cleared yet and we will be in a restructuring mode for sometime.

Are we going to be able to cover the freight we have with the exodus of drivers that are leaving ?

G+A pay needs to be illiminated and only paid under certain circumstances.

For those drivers that wish to stay, we need someone to talk to.

The smoke hasnt cleared yet and we will be in a restructuring mode for sometime.

Are we going to be able to cover the freight we have with the exodus of drivers that are leaving ?

G+A pay needs to be illiminated and only paid under certain circumstances.

Well, you were paying most of the J3 drivers 3 to 4 hours G&A everyday waiting on the J1 drivers to bring them their empty trailers. That should help!!

They gonna run from J1 to J2 and thats it watch and see----J6 will be next then 4 then JA Keep on thinking things are fine and dandy

They gonna run from J1 to J2 and thats it watch and see----J6 will be next then 4 then JA Keep on thinking things are fine and dandy

J6 is one of the most profitable terminals. Aside from what we handle from other terminals, we also have $40,000-$50,000 of intra new england revenue that we move in house. We're amping up our new england truckload business to make up for any falloff of inbound freight from the closing facilites to keep our local drivers busy and working.

they always told us that our numbers at j3 were the best in the company. with all that southern inbound gone jorge u better amp up something

They are saving money by not paying the rent on J3---that guy has been there three times wanting his money----the bean counters are coming from J1 today to settle it----