Yellow | Please Read This

teamsta

TB Lurker
Credits
As I see it...

YRC, New Penn, Holland, and any others are freight companies.

These companies run independent of the others.

The generate money that is used to pay for their companies expenses.

After all is said and done the money that is left over goes to YRCW.

YRCW sets the limits on expenses and such.

YRCW is a holding company that recieves its funding from its freight companies.

The more the subsidiaries make after expenses the more YRCW has to use as it chooses.

At some time a holding company may pay dividens to its investors..

Investors give a company money so that the company can make more money and ibn turn pay the investors a rate of profit higher than a bank would give...The more profitable the companuy the more people pay to be part of the profit..Stock Value..

A holding company does not care about its subsidiaries beyond the monetary level..

Holding companies sometimes hold many different companies and some are different products.

They think about money and how to get more,and that is it.

The Teamsters is a union organization which is structured similar to a Franchise..

The International sets the rules and expects the franchises (Locals) to figure out how to make money by following or adjusting the rules.

The IBT does things such as lobbying the government and having promotional rallys as part of a marketing plan..to market their product.

Dues money and contributions to pension H&W etc goes to the local franchise which then pays a percentage to the IBT.

The more money the locals get the more money the International gets.

Some IBT officials focus on the national front while others focus on the local front.

This is the way I see it...

YRCW the holding company and The International Brotherhood of Teamsters the head of the franchises are focused on your dues money and how much they can get for their businesses and their personal gain.

So please stop talking about YRCW as if it is a freight company because it is NOT..

The freight companies that belong to YRCW are running with no cash for expenditures,etc.

It will last as long as the IBT and YRCW can get suckers to give them money then it will end.

If I recall correctly the holding pos sets the percentage of what portion of revenue the subsidary has to pay, rather it be 10, 20, 50%. That has to be paid upfront just like fuel is an expense.
New Penn for instance could have made a profit of 30 million for the quarter but after the ****** from the parent company they might be in the hole for 5 million and show a loss.
Once the ****** company cllects that cash they can then determine what to do with it, like rob Peter(New Penn)to pay Paul(yrc).

As for the onion, they're the worse kind of leech because it like being robbed by yourself! We're supporting 2 monsters with a hunger that never ends.
After all these years and all the 100s and 100s of millions that the national has scrounged off the members, should they have made investments to support themselves on their own, or close to it? Maybe they should have partied a little less!

I hope for everybodys sake, YRC made money in the 3rd qrt. So, all you haters, and people that love to think they have all the answers can go pound salt!!!!

I hope for everybodys sake, YRC made money in the 3rd qrt. So, all you haters, and people that love to think they have all the answers can go pound salt!!!!

Lets hope so! First order of business by welcher and company will to use that meager profit all up in a nice big fat raise and bonus for himself and his rubber stamp bod!
It wouldn't even cross their perverted little minds to maybe give the employees an extra little something in their ever smaller paychecks to makeup for all the sacrifice!

You guys still do not get it ! The holding company does not care about the plight of the workers in one of their subsidiaries...
Welch is not a freight man he is a wall street businessman...and he probabaly went to college on the YRC (freight company) college program when it was in effect...

And now he runs the holding company ,,,,nothing to do with freight.....

Easy way to look at it.
YRC parent company
New Penn,Holland,Yellow/Roadway,Glen Moore are franchises,ECT
Parent Company decides Franchise fees.
10% New Penn They made 3 mil Profit
15% Holland they made 1 mil profit
0% YRC National They made 10 Mil Profit
Glen Moore 50% profit they lost 14 mil
Next month we change % for each Franchise move $$$ around people think we are making progress
46 Different "Franchises" we can move $$$$ around and Fool Hoffa and Tyson
Oh wait they have a guy checking the finances forgot

Won't happen. YRC is not capable of producing a profit.

Easy way to look at it.
YRC parent company
New Penn,Holland,Yellow/Roadway,Glen Moore are franchises,ECT
Parent Company decides Franchise fees.
10% New Penn They made 3 mil Profit
15% Holland they made 1 mil profit
0% YRC National They made 10 Mil Profit
Glen Moore 50% profit they lost 14 mil
Next month we change % for each Franchise move $$$ around people think we are making progress
46 Different "Franchises" we can move $$$$ around and Fool Hoffa and Tyson
Oh wait they have a guy checking the finances forgot[/QUOTE

if anybody thinks by voting yes would save the company, they are wrong....

Stand back Folks. Jenny has spoken.:bowdown: (she must still think that she's brow beating her old man when she gets on here.):biglaugh:

Go back the yahoo YRCW message board slime, and I do mean slime. You have no reason to be here!

if anybody thinks by voting yes would save the company, they are wrong....
5% or 15% even probably 50%
they may not make it
with increased salaries of directors and perks of management
there is no equal sacrifice

so the name calling can disappear

Are you people really serious in this thread? FRANCHISES. Read financial reports. YRC can't show a profit until at least 2015. They would have to pay(FULL PENSION, give back 15%, give back weeks vacation)etc. Don't make us look stupid and uninformed! Other LTL's already laugh at US!

Are you people really serious in this thread? FRANCHISES. Read financial reports. YRC can't show a profit until at least 2015. They would have to pay(FULL PENSION, give back 15%, give back weeks vacation)etc. Don't make us look stupid and uninformed! Other LTL's already laugh at US!
So you're telling us that IF YRCW made a profit, we would get our concessions back? Really? Who is going to make them reinstate the givebacks? And please.....don't tell us the Union.
They can show a profit anytime that they actually have one, it still doesn't trigger anything being reinstated.

Please go back tgo my original post and re-read.. I did not equate the subsidiaries as a franchise, I related the international union and it locals as a franchise type business structure.

I mention that they holding company uses its subsidiaries as a cash cow for upper level salaries. Thanks

A perfect example teamsta is kmart. They lost money for years but kmart holding company made hundreds of millions of dollars a year ****** kmart. Kmart holding had plenty of cash to buy sears.