Yellow | Plugged or Patched? Which do you prefer?

JWor

TB Lurker
Credits
This morning I noticed another driver had a flat on his unit. He was off today, so I notified dispatch so they could get it taken care of while he was out.

I returned to the yard about 6, and noticed someone there to repair the flat. Not the normal people we use, the local Goodyear dealer. I got to watching him and I could not belive that the Co would actually pay someone to "repair a steer tire". I went up to dispatch and asked him if he knew what the guy was doing, I told him he was pluggin a freaking steer. "oh, he's not supposed to be plugging it!" he said. So we walked out and confronted the guy, when asked by dispatch why he was plugging the tire, the guy replyed, "I'm not, I patched it".

Granted these tires prob had less than 1000 miles on em, but saving 250 bucks aint worth somone's life. I made sure I explained to dispatch (which they should know) that this was a DOT violation. I also notified our Steward, and will get with the driver in the morning. I pretty much figured out why this hole in the wall guy was out there fixing it, and not Goodyear, because GY wouldn't do it! So they found somone who would.

:TR10driving03: