FedEx Freight | Pocono

y5nanoQ.jpg

I agree, it is a shame, BUT not the end of the world. The burden is on the Company, right now. If the Company improves around them (CLT, EPH, SBR), they can vote again in 1 year. If the Company does NOT improve, most other centers can vote to join the THEM. Everyone will be watching closely, I think. Especially those who gave FXFE a chance, IMHO.

Pos pulled there vote lack of interest
Wasent lack of interest, Im thinking intimidation. One of your drivers I talks to flipped back & forth 3 times the first reason was they told him it was going to be one board & he will get forced back on the road, 2nd time it was that they just hired 15 drivers & they will work them first if a union is voted in, 3rd was they will go on strike & run freight around them. These were his statements not mine....

This is not a shock what so ever!!! I hope all works out for the people who backed out .. I will be interested to see what the POS guys are saying in 6 months.....

Oh I had the guts! Others didn't and wanted to give the company a chance. The committee said a lot were backing down. I have known them for years so I no reason to believe they would lie to me.
Aint it funny how your own "brothers" turn on you when things don't go their way...."Sorry you didn't have the guts"...like they know you and your situation in NAS! I'd say your definitely better off without them!

Wasent lack of interest, Im thinking intimidation. One of your drivers I talks to flipped back & forth 3 times the first reason was they told him it was going to be one board & he will get forced back on the road, 2nd time it was that they just hired 15 drivers & they will work them first if a union is voted in, 3rd was they will go on strike & run freight around them. These were his statements not mine....
Wasn't lack of interest??? They had 83 out of 130 or so drivers sign a petition saying they did NOT want representation and another 15-20 who didn't want to sign but guaranteed a no vote!!!
I would question your source....

Wasn't lack of interest??? They had 83 out of 130 or so drivers sign a petition saying they did NOT want representation and another 15-20 who didn't want to sign but guaranteed a no vote!!!
My source is your driver,a 27 year old runs who runs W-B

Have y'all heard anything about a contract in CLT ?
No leverage for the union to use with two small northern terminals and one southern one. Will be especially tough with CLT being in a "right to work" state. Have heard that many of the yes voters will not join the union because they don't have to and could save on paying dues. Ironic that they would turn on each other so easily. IMHO the drive to unionize is on life support. A year from now it will be voted out.

No leverage for the union to use with two small northern terminals and one southern one. Will be especially tough with CLT being in a "right to work" state. Have heard that many of the yes voters will not join the union because they don't have to and could save on paying dues. Ironic that they would turn on each other so easily. IMHO the drive to unionize is on life support. A year from now it will be voted out.
That's good to hear like I said before all we hearing in the Deep South is crickets.

It's funny... I've never heard of people petitioning for NO representation, immediately after petitioning FOR representation. :indecisiveness: After petitioning FOR representation, there is a VOTE. Rather than petitioning, at that point, you can just tell the committee that you've changed your mind. You want to give the Company a chance. Enough do so, then they will pull... Kinda like they did. Not saying it didn't happen, just that I find it odd and unnecessary. If they were so adamant, why would they not want to vote, and vote NO? :scratchhead:

More likely, by pulling they want to see what the company does, thereby keeping options open... in 6 months. NOw THAT makes sense!:smilie93c peelout: