Yellow | Poll, Would you recommend Roadway ?

A thumbs up if you like what you are doing and know the freight game. I'm at an EOL barn so it is a different world than the breaks, but I enjoy the job.
The beenies and pay are very good but I will say depending on what part of the country you are as with any job will bring a certain bang for the buck.

With my education if I didn't drive, I would be flippin burgers. you tell me. Worked three union companys two went broke 36 years in teamsters, Roadway was here when I started and it will be here when i'm in the ground. All union company's are the same just different names. No I don't love it, but look what it has given me and my family, a well payed life and a retirement that I can look forward to.

I agree, Not much of a life but, good for the family. With the way things are going and the way other Co. treat and pay their workers I for one am grateful for what I have. I came here from CF and feel lucky I got on. I know many who didn't . They envy the ones who work here. We are running out of places to go to. Long live Rex?

no

being on layoff is the pits I have worked here 10 months and on my second week of my second layoff Roadway bites they do not care less about their employees but I GUESS no company does so each man to his self hell of a way to build team spirit or moral

landed a account for them all i got was that a boy its paid over 100,000 all time criticals.

I was in the process of landing an account, until my TM saw me on the side of the road talking to the potential customer on the phone. Now I've been accused of stealing time and placed on McGraw-Hill bookloads (all hand loads & inside deliveries, including steps) as punishment. And, he won't even talk to me to let me explain. So much for going the extra mile.

Animo,

I'm surprised you don't yet realize the type of moron you are dealing with. You were in his office around a month ago, after he chewed you out, and you said that you both reached an understanding. Yet, now, you are back to square one. Realize this, a leopard never changes it's spots. He will continue to do to you what you let him. Just pay it no mind, understand that he does this to everyone, and you will be better off.

One other point.

He will be gone long before you are. It's just the nature with TM's. In my 20+ years in the industry, I have seen nearly as many TM's come and go.

I was in the process of landing an account, until my TM saw me on the side of the road talking to the potential customer on the phone. Now I've been accused of stealing time and placed on McGraw-Hill bookloads (all hand loads & inside deliveries, including steps) as punishment. And, he won't even talk to me to let me explain. So much for going the extra mile.

First off I can understand your concern for landing an account for the company.,but I do feel that the company hires other personell to do that job,I think they are called salesmen.We as teamsters were hired to pick up and deliver that freight .
I have read the contract page to page and I cannot find anything that says that we are required to be sales reps for the company.
If you got a repermand for such actions ,I have no sympathy for you.Read your union contract and abide by that instead of all the B/S that the company hands you and life will be much better .

Buf,

every week we have a sales meeting in our terminal. The sales force is always saying...get us those sales leads. If memory serves me right, the company also refers to us as driver/sales reps, since we have more contact with the customers than anyone.

The point of the call was that it was from an acquaintance from another message board I belong to. We had first swapped emails and then he called me on that unfortunate morning. What should I do next time? Tell the guy to use Conway? O.D? UPSF?

Also realize that the TM at my terminal seems to have a different set of rules for different people. And the rules change every day. From now on, when spoken to, I will tell him, my new name is DILLIGAF.

This is one reason I never liked lay offs in P+D. You guys know the customers and whats going on. You see what carriers are in and out of companies, etc. I would think the 187 TM is responsible for the sales at his terminal, not just trying to fire his P+D drivers. Someone at AGO needs to get a clue. Come on RDWY climb out of the cave it's 2007!! DS.