Yellow | Possible Issues With "Utility Employees"!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Rumor has it that there are some serious issues brewing with what duties the new utility employees will be allowed to do. There are issues with what management says they can do, and what the rank and file was told by the union leadership they can do. Now is the time to get this straightened out before it flares up into a major confrontation! We only have 2 weeks to get this straightened out, and it's up to the local unions at the affected barns to answer all the questions! We still have dozens of people laid off at CVE/RFO, and dozens of other barns around the system. They wan't their jobs protected too! If the locals can't settle the issues, it's up to the IBT Freight Division and the change of ops and utility review committees to step up to the plate. Let's get some copies of the transcripts of the change of ops meetings in San Antonio, and get them reviewed by the locals asap! We all wan't this new Velocity Service to work, but we don't want to be b.s.'d into giving away even more work and working conditions than we already have! Let's FIGHT THE POWER!:USA::USA:

Issues

Rumor has it that there are some serious issues brewing with what duties the new utility employees will be allowed to do. There are issues with what management says they can do, and what the rank and file was told by the union leadership they can do. Now is the time to get this straightened out before it flares up into a major confrontation! We only have 2 weeks to get this straightened out, and it's up to the local unions at the affected barns to answer all the questions! We still have dozens of people laid off at CVE/RFO, and dozens of other barns around the system. They wan't their jobs protected too! If the locals can't settle the issues, it's up to the IBT Freight Division and the change of ops and utility review committees to step up to the plate. Let's get some copies of the transcripts of the change of ops meetings in San Antonio, and get them reviewed by the locals asap! We all wan't this new Velocity Service to work, but we don't want to be b.s.'d into giving away even more work and working conditions than we already have! Let's FIGHT THE POWER!:USA::USA:

Do you have specifics on the issues so we can give our locals the heads up?

Hey bro from what I was told some of the locals tried to clarify things at the coo hearings but not much was done by the panel that heard the changes.

Our job protection was bidding out the positions numbered. Thats why they had the change. I don't see much more coming down the pike in the way of protection.

Vwaggs is correct. Any questons under this contract just ask your boss what he wants. :nutkick:

UE Pos's.

Regarding the new Ue pos's: I were awarded
the one UE pos in Evv,In thru Ind, IN. I will
transfer form local 135 in Indy to the 215 in
Evv.I've talked to the Evv TM he want's to
get the ball rolling sometime this week but
all is sketchy.I'm transfering from the road
board and coming off the inactive list.

Need help much, all advice and tips welcome!:duh:

Regarding the new Ue pos's: I were awarded
the one UE pos in Evv,In thru Ind, IN. I will
transfer form local 135 in Indy to the 215 in
Evv.I've talked to the Evv TM he want's to
get the ball rolling sometime this week but
all is sketchy.I'm transfering from the road
board and coming off the inactive list.

Need help much, all advice and tips welcome!:duh:
Relax man. This ain't rocket science and you will do just fine. Bet in one week you'll have it down to a fine art. :1036316054: And don't be afraid to ask they dock rats how it should be done. They may not like a driver on the dock but I never seen a Teamster fail to help another Teamster when needed. :smilie_132:

Relax man. This ain't rocket science and you will do just fine. Bet in one week you'll have it down to a fine art. :1036316054: And don't be afraid to ask they dock rats how it should be done. They may not like a driver on the dock but I never seen a Teamster fail to help another Teamster when needed. :smilie_132:

Thank you Wolf! Ur right about not being roc-
ket science,I'll hit them dock rats with questions.

UEs, according to the contract, can drive (even across juristictions)/ work the dock/fuel the trucks/hook-unhook. Sounds like they can do anything/anywhere/anytime. How then can there be misunderstandings as to their job? They could concievably run coast to coast with multiple customers on a peddle run, as long as the company realized they were on the clock from when they started until they returned home and clocked out....

Tell me where I'm wrong?

No answer!

UEs, according to the contract, can drive (even across juristictions)/ work the dock/fuel the trucks/hook-unhook. Sounds like they can do anything/anywhere/anytime. How then can there be misunderstandings as to their job? They could concievably run coast to coast with multiple customers on a peddle run, as long as the company realized they were on the clock from when they started until they returned home and clocked out....

Tell me where I'm wrong?

I have no answer for you jimmy g!!!!! Have not been put to work yet on the UE position.
TM told me later this week!

Tell me where I'm wrong?
Can't fuel a tractor at a location that has bid fueler on duty. That's pretty much the only thing they can't do as far as I can tell. The contract says pretty much exactly what you said,Jimmy. At STL(and maybe everywhere else) we were sent(from the teamsters) info that states UE drivers would only work next day and 2 day freight. That's a discrepency ,because the contract states all freight can be worked by UE employees.

Tell me where I'm wrong?

Running coast to coast would never happen,
Ue is part of local cartage and is subject to
only a 60 hour week!:1036316054: