truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
Fort Smith, AR ?/2001
Dothan, AL ?/1999
Columbia, SC 4/2004
Lafayette, LA 7/11/04
Dallas, tx ?/2005 (above july I know)
OKC, OK 10 men below August 2005, but no work. (so I hear)

Ones I'm curious about:
Macon, GA
Baton Rogue,LA 1 driver here I suspect
Charleston, SC (I think its in the south)
Beaumont, TX
Cocoa, FL
Lakeland, FL
Fort Myers, FL

Why don't you stop trying to help screw everyone out of their current jobs just because you are losing yours. Lets encourage everyone to go anywhere to bump all the families there out of work. Way to go Brother.

Anybody else want to play God? Help Truckinusa screw your brothers out of their jobs by posting here.:ontopic:

Suppose the union provided me with an accurate list of everyone in the south, would the union then be playing God? Your logic is flawed. The rules are the rules and for all the dues money I have paid I should have a list. They may still provide one. We shall see.

He wants a list of the entire South so he doesn't have to do any work to get info. Then he wants all the info posted here evidently, so everyone can bump junior guys out of a job, just like he got bumped/laid off. Personnally, I hope he gets a job somewhere else and doesn't come back. He is the epitomy of what the union has been watered down to.

You can bet he wouldn't be doing all this if his job had been secure. Instead, because his senioity level is so low, he evidently wants anyone near him in seniority to lose their job also.

He wants a list of the entire South so he doesn't have to do any work to get info. Then he wants all the info posted here evidently, so everyone can bump junior guys out of a job, just like he got bumped/laid off. Personnally, I hope he gets a job somewhere else and doesn't come back. He is the epitomy of what the union has been watered down to.

You can bet he wouldn't be doing all this if his job had been secure. Instead, because his senioity level is so low, he evidently wants anyone near him in seniority to lose their job also.

I don't normally post here cause I'm not a YRC employee, but this post title caught my eye and had to look. Being in the U back in the '70's, this was unheard of. If I may say, vw, you are exactly correct that it has been watered down. All in leadership I suppose. We used to call these kind of people "trolls". I feel for the gentleman for being layed off, but this, in my opinion, is not the right way to go about it. He has a BA, go through him. Thanks for letting me post. Good luck to you guys over here, our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

i'm not trying to cut anyone's throat. I think it would be a mistake to go to OKC at this point in time. I am seriously considering taking a 40% paycut and going on the road. Southern modified seniority isn't a big secret. I'm not coming after anyones job. I like where I live. I believe the union rules are the rules and nothing should be a secret. My BA is the southern region freight director. If anyone should provide me with the necessary info he should. They didn't tell me sh**! Have a nice day and thank you for contributing to your unvested pension.

He has a valid point........southern modified would not be my cup of tea.....however trying to better his situation by trying to get the info doesn't make him a bad person....If they don't give him that info how is he suppose to get it? If they don't help him out who is he going to complain to and that will listen?.....no one.....Is he suppose to drive from terminal to terminal asking?Say what you want senority rules whether anyone likes it or not

My only goal is. If there is a place where I or someone else can work. Where is it? I don't think it exists for me with my limited investigation. I called a number of terminals and it doesn't look good. maybe there is a stealth terminal somewhere where someone is lower than me. I dunno.

Here is a question for ya: Which do you feel more sorry for? The 85 guys in Dallas,TX that just got laid off or the 10 guys is OKC that could possibly have their jobs taken from them from drivers that were laid off all over the south?

The only people that have any seniority protection as far as I know is in Chicago, anyone else is only one coo away from being kicked to the curb. As electraglide likes to say....nuff said!

Truckinusa you are doing nothing wrong at all! You are playing with the cards that you have been dealt with and by the rules that have been set up for you. Vwaggs if you don't like those rules that were set up before you moved south, perhaps you should not have moved there. Southern Modified is nothing new to those Teamsters that have been around it a while, and therefor they know the possibilities that can happen with all these layoffs.

I know that those are the rules, & he's trying to keep from drowning like the rest of us that are laid off, but it's like he's asking men to take off their life jacket & hand it to him because seniority rules. 'Oh, since that's the rule, here's my job...I'll just hand it to you because you asked.' Makes you all warm & fuzzy.

We have guys that have bumped not once, not twice , but three or more times to different locations all over the country from COO's to just regular bumping in the south. Isn't it fair that I and anyone else in the south gets a chance to see our opportunity to bump someone else. I'm wouldn't do it just for the heck of it. I would want to go somewhere where I could at least work a few days a week. I also wouldn't do it just to take someones job. I don't know them. They didn't know me when they bumped into Dallas. I have never bumped anywhere and at this point I don't think I am going anywhere. I am secretly hoping that ones that came to Dallas find better jobs then move on to free up a space for me when I hopefully get called back.

We have guys that have bumped not once, not twice , but three or more times to different locations all over the country from COO's to just regular bumping in the south. Isn't it fair that I and anyone else in the south gets a chance to see our opportunity to bump someone else. I'm wouldn't do it just for the heck of it. I would want to go somewhere where I could at least work a few days a week. I also wouldn't do it just to take someones job. I don't know them. They didn't know me when they bumped into Dallas. I have never bumped anywhere and at this point I don't think I am going anywhere. I am secretly hoping that ones that came to Dallas find better jobs then move on to free up a space for me when I hopefully get called back.

figures this guys from dallas ...big suprise.

Just wondering...did you lose your job because someone bumped in from the outside?

I didn't lose my job as a direct result of someone bumping me off. They came months ago and now we see the results. Many people bumped into Dallas prior to the merger. I'm guessing 20-60 total. Then another 60 or so came on the COO.