SAIA | Power outages

hasbeenking

TB Regular
Credits
Am I the only one who thinks all terminals should have back up generators in case of power outages??? Let me know if I'm thinking outside the lines again:chairshot:

BACK! BACK I SAY! YOU GIT BACK IN THAT BOX, NOW. You know good and well we all need backup power, but thats not the way to save money. I've said it once and I'll say it again. You have to spend money to make money. Ask any respectable hooker.:hysterical:

Not having back up generators at the terminals is as dumb as having them at Winn Dixie when i worked there (for those who don't know, Winn Dixie is a grocery store). Why would it be stupid to have a generator at a grocery store you might ask? Because the only things it ran were a few lights, a PC, and the front cash registers. None of the coolers or freezers were ran by it. :chairshot::chairshot:
Anyone remember the chaos when Katrina came through a few years ago and nothing worked at the terminals?

An outfit like AAA Cooper can have them but the number 8 company in America can't??? They're running at 85% capacity. Our little weed eater motor goes and we're screwed.

The only places I've seen backup power is at HST and DLS. The DLS generators get a pretty good workout sometimes. MPS might, but I don't get over there often enough to snoop around (and don't want to, either. Lousy motel, no place to eat.) :chairshot:

Maybe....nah...somebody on bicycle powered generator, ie company health benefit....nah.:hysterical:

It seems that they could add that capability(backup generators, not the bicycle)when the build/replace terminal terminal facilities.

An outfit like AAA Cooper can have them but the number 8 company in America can't??? They're running at 85% capacity. Our little weed eater motor goes and we're screwed.
Number 8 company is the only one at 100% down there right now. 1600 or so bills delivered yesterday.

The only places I've seen backup power is at HST and DLS. The DLS generators get a pretty good workout sometimes. MPS might, but I don't get over there often enough to snoop around (and don't want to, either. Lousy motel, no place to eat.) :chairshot:

Maybe....nah...somebody on bicycle powered generator, ie company health benefit....nah.:hysterical:
It seems that they could add that capability(backup generators, not the bicycle)when the build/replace terminal terminal facilities.

odd you mention that. there is a city driver here in GVL that claims we have a company health club. he drives a 98 everyday with no a/c and delivers the crap others don't want to. between the bicycle generators, and the sauna...we might be on to something.

odd you mention that. there is a city driver here in GVL that claims we have a company health club. he drives a 98 everyday with no a/c and delivers the crap others don't want to. between the bicycle generators, and the sauna...we might be on to something.

He would be a shinning star in GNC.:biglaugh:

I would imagine it would be a major waste of money to put generators at terminals we rent and could be kicked out of!! At the terminals Saia owns it would be a great idea to invest some money in back up power!! Enough thinking for me we don’t get paid to think!!!

I would imagine it would be a major waste of money to put generators at terminals we rent and could be kicked out of!! At the terminals Saia owns it would be a great idea to invest some money in back up power!! Enough thinking for me we don’t get paid to think!!!

DRIVE ZOMBIE!!! DRIVE!!!! :furious::tongue0015:

on a serious note, i did not know we rented terminals. it seems it would be smart to just buy one unless the company was testing the area's freight levels.

I can think of so many terminals Saia rents!! A lot of them I don’t think they will ever move out of because the rent is so cheap!! I think they would have to massively out grow or get kicked out of to move elsewhere!!

I was in BMT Monday. They had a backup generator. It looked like a go kart engine with the generator attached at the drive shaft. At least they said they were prepared. They got their gasoline and storm supplies several days out. Now....about those trees on the rooftops in south Texas......