Yellow | "Premium" part of change

Fake News

TB Regular
Credits
Ba has told members in Buffalo that all New York locals will oppose premium service portion of upcoming change. Apparently the company wants to use a percentage of core freight to run with next day work to fill up trailers. That's in violation of article 18. That would also take runs away from roadmen so the premium service employee would always have freight to move. Sounds like bs to me. We'll see what happens..............

That seems to be the buzz....in the letter of understanding that was signed during contract negotitions said that it was not intended to take work away from folks, but to create NEW jobs. ABF signed the agreement that says they will pay the road drivers that do not work due to using core freight to fill premie runs. Thats good language but it's a lot for the stewards to keep track of on the job from what I am hearing. Maybe we will get a reprieve for a couple of months and T.J. wont roll over like he did in the case of the Holland fiasco.

yo...

seeing that we're entering new and uncharted territory, i think we should let them hammer out what they will and then file grievances to protect guys that need it....

here in local 600 there is a conflict of interest as we have STL as a sort hub and PBF as a preemie driver domicile running into STL (both sides of the operation in the smae local)...

YELLOW wants it, the locals reluctantly want it, and for long range job security we need it too...

back in 2000 when the corridor changes started, everybody said the sky was falling and they would go back to the old way in a year, surprise, they didn't....

let's see what the rocket scientists do with this one, they're willing to negotiate and we should be too...

merry xmas....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Negotiate something is fine but remember what you lend Yellow or any other Corporation you will lose in the end because it always has a way of becoming permenant.Nothing lent has ever been returned. That is fact..You will probably gain some Premium bids and lose some others because they will go back to the contract about bid numbers language...But hey eveything has to change so good luck.

yo db....

this aint red star or TIE....

don't bring your bitterness here.....

you aint effected by it anyway.....

merry xmas.......

mikeeeeeeeeeeee

That seems to be the buzz....in the letter of understanding that was signed during contract negotitions said that it was not intended to take work away from folks, but to create NEW jobs. ABF signed the agreement that says they will pay the road drivers that do not work due to using core freight to fill premie runs. Thats good language but it's a lot for the stewards to keep track of on the job from what I am hearing. Maybe we will get a reprieve for a couple of months and T.J. wont roll over like he did in the case of the Holland fiasco.

REMEMBER: A Road driver is ONLY due 8 hours a day pay......if they pay him, it will only be the minimum....big loss from what a road driver can make on mileage!.....KK

I attended a freight meeting for road drivers for big "R" in Boston yesterday and they touched on yellows proposed change.They basicly told Yellows labor people to go pound sand.They are 100% against the current change they have on the table here in New England!

Had the dame issue over here at STL about the co. wanting to load general freight onto the premium service trailers. I was under the impression that the co. had already been told that this was not acceptable and ask to revise the change accordingly. that is why it is taking so long for them to get this hammered out. I do agree that if they start loading general freight on these trailers it will become a way for the Co. to side step work rules and running time. and also mean a road driver will not run. I am oppossed to this now and always. Especially when we have road drivers layed off. and the bottom of the board isn't working very much.