Yellow | Premium Working

screwy louiey

TB Veteran
Credits
Quick question is the premium service working or have little impact @ your barn. Just curious cause if it is then is next day service something
Roadway will be headed to.

Here locally we don't offer it but ABF is utilizing this service and doing well with it. Appears certain regions benefit from it while others don't.

screwy louiey said:
Quick question is the premium service working or have little impact @ your barn. Just curious cause if it is then is next day service something
Roadway will be headed to.

Here locally we don't offer it but ABF is utilizing this service and doing well with it. Appears certain regions benefit from it while others don't.
Screwy I don't know of any premiums in Mi. Where do we have any?

Reason I asked was that this was supposed to be a benefit to us in this contract. ABF has it in our area and I believe Yellow had it then stopped. Thought that Roadway would use it like a special logistics service to a manufacturing company the same way Estes Specialize does.

Mopar that overnight service is another service they just started and it operates totally different than that premmy service. I think if they can perform that service without any disruptions do it. Got to go time to hit the clock

Guys,
I don't know to what extent Roadway utilizes the Premium Service but Yellow has it in the upper Eastern part of the Midwest. ABF has it somewhere in the East and has a PSE COO being heard at the JAC meeting in Chicago next month to spread it out as far west as Kansas City. We expect Yellow to observe what ABF gets at the COO and submit a similiar COO in fairly short order.

Once you get west of Kansas City the population density decreases to the point where it wouldn't be feasible to have such a service.....it can only thrive in areas that have lots of people and lots of freight.

Some of you might not remember this, but Yellow had a big Midwestern PSE COO to be heard about heard in mid July about 3 years ago but pulled it off of the table when the Roadway purchase was announced.