R&L | Problems In Memphis

Recap Slinger

TB Lurker
Credits
In Memphis the TM quit, some supervisors, and several dockworkers walked off the job when the silver bullets came in. Nashville has been sending dockworkers over for a week at a time to try to get caught up.

In Memphis the TM quit, some supervisors, and several dockworkers walked off the job when the silver bullets came in. Nashville has been sending dockworkers over for a week at a time to try to get caught up.
Micro management problem has been that way for a long time it all falls back on the regional VP That’s more interested in numbers than moving freight from point A-B

Imo Nashville isn’t in that great shape either but we all have problems.Most problems could be solved if TM’s were allowed to manage and improvise our outdated router system and don’t get me started about errors in our billing.

Imo Nashville isn’t in that great shape either but we all have problems.Most problems could be solved if TM’s were allowed to manage and improvise our outdated router system and don’t get me started about errors in our billing.
Exactly! I’ve never understood why they don’t let the TM’s have more control over their terminal.

Micro management problem has been that way for a long time it all falls back on the regional VP That’s more interested in numbers than moving freight from point A-B
And even when the numbers are met, they get no recognition or praise. They just get chewed out about something else that’s never been mentioned before.

Yeah, I’ve heard Nashville is really bad now. Our guys that run up there either quit very soon or get on another run as quick as they can. Sitting up there anywhere from 2-5 hrs for free, I can’t blame them.

Yeah, I’ve heard Nashville is really bad now. Our guys that run up there either quit very soon or get on another run as quick as they can. Sitting up there anywhere from 2-5 hrs for free, I can’t blame them.
Thats terrible if the run was 600 round trip there getting 300 and a motel stay

I can assure you that at UPSF there is no such thing as sitting for free and most terminals are hiring

I was kinda thinking that USPF must be hard up for drivers if they’re trolling TB to recruit. Whatever’s going on at that barn will get straightened out soon enough. Out of NOR we had the exact same issue with CHI. It went on for several months but did get corrected. As I’ve always said , 3 ways to do things;

right way
Wrong way
R&L way

and for the record the R&L way isn’t always bad. In fact I’d prefer the R&L way to the micromanaging nit picking way of UPSF or Saia

Thats terrible if the run was 600 round trip there getting 300 and a motel stay
It’s only about a 260 mile round trip, both of the guys on that run work on the dock 3-4 hours before the go to Nashville. The new guy has been bumping 14 or more hours at work every night due to excessive wait time.

Man ruff company , i doubt everything your saying is revealed at the job interview
Yeah, I’m sure it’s not, but they find out soon enough. A couple of months ago they hired a guy that was on lay-off at ABF. He worked a couple of weeks and quit, he said he would rather sit home and wait for ABF to call him back.

The T/M in Mps was a idiot to begin with. He did'nt know how to treat people like humans, only knew how to berate and talk down to them. I was there 6 years and heard very few compliments about anyone doing a good job. He got fired from Overnite, SAIA, Milan and one other ( I can't remember the name) because he could not handle the job. Corporate was constantly fussing about something and wanting unrealistic results.