Pushing the new name

Discussion in 'ABF Freight System' started by Abfrocks, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Abfrocks

Abfrocks Active Member

So I called into linehaul dispatch to see how things looked. Linehaul dispatcher answered. Thank you for calling arcbest. Judy must be pushing hard to get all her :horseshit: rolling!!!

2. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

I called to get a start time for tomorrow, and the dispatcher answered with about a half-paragraph of "Thank you forcalll....blah-blah-blah......" something about an ArchBest company..............I said: "That's quite a mouthful....You got to say that everytime?".....Large sigh....."Yes. I
    Do.."

I better buy him a large tube of PoliGrip so his tongue doesn't trip over his dentures trying to rattle all that off every day.......

3. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Why would a man of your stature and seniority have to call for a start time? Do you by any chance have a mini recorder that you could loan the guy?

Songremainsthesame likes this.
  4. canaryinthemine

There was a chance that they would flex the start times back a little because of the holidays...

A minirecorder?.......No, Poligrip is the best he'll get from me. I'll probably get Preparation H from him. ....

5. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that one salesman will sell all of the transportation services of the company instead of one for each service. We'll wait & see if that benefits ABF or other services of the corporation. The quarterly numbers should reflect how ABF has done under the new business model.

6. canaryinthemine

Yup. That's what I heard too. One stop shopping. So,......The salesman will put his main efforts on whatever service provides HIM with the biggest payout.......

Looks like a lot less LTL sales, and a lot more intermodal sales.

Who needs to go out and wheedle a 500 lb shipment,......When you can sit in your office and negotiate 10 truckload shipments?

ABFer likes this.