ABF | Pushing the new name

BradBear

TB Lurker
Credits
So I called into linehaul dispatch to see how things looked. Linehaul dispatcher answered. Thank you for calling arcbest. Judy must be pushing hard to get all her bullshit rolling!!!

I called to get a start time for tomorrow, and the dispatcher answered with about a half-paragraph of "Thank you forcalll....blah-blah-blah......" something about an ArchBest company..............I said: "That's quite a mouthful....You got to say that everytime?".....Large sigh....."Yes. I
Do.."

I better buy him a large tube of PoliGrip so his tongue doesn't trip over his dentures trying to rattle all that off every day.......

I called to get a start time for tomorrow, and the dispatcher answered with about a half-paragraph of "Thank you forcalll....blah-blah-blah......" something about an ArchBest company..............I said: "That's quite a mouthful....You got to say that everytime?".....Large sigh....."Yes. I
Do.."

I better buy him a large tube of PoliGrip so his tongue doesn't trip over his dentures trying to rattle all that off every day.......
Why would a man of your stature and seniority have to call for a start time? Do you by any chance have a mini recorder that you could loan the guy?

Why would a man of your stature and seniority have to call for a start time? Do you by any chance have a mini recorder that you could loan the guy?

There was a chance that they would flex the start times back a little because of the holidays...

A minirecorder?.......No, Poligrip is the best he'll get from me. I'll probably get Preparation H from him. ....

It is my understanding that one salesman will sell all of the transportation services of the company instead of one for each service. We'll wait & see if that benefits ABF or other services of the corporation. The quarterly numbers should reflect how ABF has done under the new business model.

It is my understanding that one salesman will sell all of the transportation services of the company instead of one for each service. We'll wait & see if that benefits ABF or other services of the corporation. The quarterly numbers should reflect how ABF has done under the new business model.

Yup. That's what I heard too. One stop shopping. So,......The salesman will put his main efforts on whatever service provides HIM with the biggest payout.......

Looks like a lot less LTL sales, and a lot more intermodal sales.

Who needs to go out and wheedle a 500 lb shipment,......When you can sit in your office and negotiate 10 truckload shipments?