PUTNAM COUNTY, W.Va.Rt35 YRC Collides with another semi

This news link is reporting (2) Tractor Trailers xanl/h,however wonder if it was the (2) trailers in the set?
Well because I only see the YRC set?

This news link is reporting (2) Tractor Trailers xanl/h,however wonder if it was the (2) trailers in the set?
Well because I only see the YRC set?

I saw the wrecked YRC Freight tractor today. Driver side pretty much destroyed. Prime driver admitted fault at the scene and is being charged. JB Hunt driver behind YRCF witnessed the wreck and backed the YRCF driver. YRCF driver badly injured, but will make it.

Thanks for clearing up the second Semi mystery Hoosierky.
A lot of times the online reports don't post the whole story.
It is really nice when TB members come to set the facts straight.

Thanks for clearing up the second Semi mystery Hoosierky.
A lot of times the online reports don't post the whole story.
It is really nice when TB members come to set the facts straight.

No problem. US 35 is a skinny 2 lane highway that is being redone to a 4 lane highway. WV has 2 sections upgraded. The middle part is not funded and not scheduled. They have widened it to a shoulder and a guardrail, but it still is skinny.
The Prime driver was driver (IIRC) was going east, and slid into the westbound YRCF truck pulling a set. JB Hunt was behind the YRCF truck. That is what I was told.

yrc needs to stop using that section of rt 35..there have been many accidents here there MUST be an alternate!!!!!

The only alternate is I-64 west to Huntington or Ashland and up US 52. Too far out of the way.
Not all roads are going to be great. The real pros are on their A game on these kind of roads.

Yeah,,i get it but were going to have to deal with others who are not,feel sorry for our guy that got hit,just wondering if there was anything that could be done to avoid a similar situation.

Yeah,,i get it but were going to have to deal with others who are not,feel sorry for our guy that got hit,just wondering if there was anything that could be done to avoid a similar situation.
The only thing that CAN be done, is something that, sadly, I don't think is ever going to happen, at least not in my experience (behind the wheel or behind the desk). Some of these idiots just need to learn to drive instead of being totally untrainable.

I see the biggest issue in any driver error crashes.
Is folks just don't focus on their path of travel.
They are in a dream state,or busy doing something other then paying attention on their surroundings.