Holland | Q,A meeting

Ask them if the management at the terminal level and the upper management are taking wage freezes, they are not, but they are asking all non union office personnel to take a 5 year wage freeze. Ask him if the managements pay raises in the next five years will be equal in percent to ours, in other word less than 2% after the 15% giveback Ask them if Scott Ware took a 15% cut on his new wage, 2000,000 to 170,000. Ask them if their vacation pay is being reduced by the same amount as ours. Ask him if linehaul vacations are being cut for the first 3 weeks or the last three, because the first 3 are not currently calculated at 1/52. Ask him EXACTLY how much has been paid on PRINCIPLE on the debt. Remind him that by their figures we have given them a cost savings of 1.05 BILLION in the last three years and not ONE CENT has been used to pay down the debt. Ask them to tell you SPECIFICALLY what YRC is going to do, change their business model, to become profitable. Remind him that they have only been profitable ONE quarter in the last 3+ and probably more like 5+ years. Ask him when is the last time that Holland, New Penn and Reddaway each have operated below 95 for an entire calender year. That is what it takes to get the profit sharing by the way. Holland is close this year, New Penn is profitable but not 95 OR or below and Reddaway is breaking even. DO NOT allow them to not answer you because he did in GR to all of them except Scott Wares pay.

Ask them what the Union had put on the negotiating table before the company put their concession package together?

It sounds like the answer to that should be NOTHING...........because the Union didn't get any say on this deal. It sounds like there were no negotiations. It's take it or leave it.......from the company. And throughout my entire career I thought that the two sides negotiated deals to be sure that both were happy with the deal. What was I thinking?

Ask them what the Union had put on the negotiating table before the company put their concession package together?

It sounds like the answer to that should be NOTHING...........because the Union didn't get any say on this deal. It sounds like there were no negotiations. It's take it or leave it.......from the company. And throughout my entire career I thought that the two sides negotiated deals to be sure that both were happy with the deal. What was I thinking?

When I started in this union it was said that our union leaders were thugs and I have even been called that on the radio a few times but now it seems that the thugs that run this company put those old timers to shame.

Having one in Joliet today a lot of the same. Don`t know not privy to that information!

S Ware did say"if this is ratified it does not mean the banks are on board with it"I thought this is what they wanted or we we're lead to believe it was! Something is not right with this whole thing

They are just going to explain to you that you should fall in line and vote yes, and if you are not going to vote yes you should not vote at all, for the good of your fellow employees.....what do you think this is a democracy or something? It makes you want to vote NO even more, I can't believe they can even suggest that to not vote if you are going to vote NO!

I "heard" there's a video of the complete Joliet meeting also. Full Hd coming to YouTube only...not available in theatres and rated R for language and suggestive sexual acts. Quite exciting and revealing at times!

Ask them if the management at the terminal level and the upper management are taking wage freezes, they are not, but they are asking all non union office personnel to take a 5 year wage freeze. Ask him if the managements pay raises in the next five years will be equal in percent to ours, in other word less than 2% after the 15% giveback Ask them if Scott Ware took a 15% cut on his new wage, 2000,000 to 170,000. Ask them if their vacation pay is being reduced by the same amount as ours. Ask him if linehaul vacations are being cut for the first 3 weeks or the last three, because the first 3 are not currently calculated at 1/52. Ask him EXACTLY how much has been paid on PRINCIPLE on the debt. Remind him that by their figures we have given them a cost savings of 1.05 BILLION in the last three years and not ONE CENT has been used to pay down the debt. Ask them to tell you SPECIFICALLY what YRC is going to do, change their business model, to become profitable. Remind him that they have only been profitable ONE quarter in the last 3+ and probably more like 5+ years. Ask him when is the last time that Holland, New Penn and Reddaway each have operated below 95 for an entire calender year. That is what it takes to get the profit sharing by the way. Holland is close this year, New Penn is profitable but not 95 OR or below and Reddaway is breaking even. DO NOT allow them to not answer you

Most of that was asked! He said its none of our business what they give back, the reason why drivers deserve a raise is because it is a skilled job and being a dockman doesn't take a skill! They have no plan just know they need to save money! The only way to be more profitable is to lower the interest rate!

It sounds like the answer to that should be NOTHING...........because the Union didn't get any say on this deal. It sounds like there were no negotiations. It's take it or leave it.......from the company. And throughout my entire career I thought that the two sides negotiated deals to be sure that both were happy with the deal. What was I thinking?[/QUOTE

LOL!! Not anymore, Hoffa smiles Tyson Johnson says its ok and the next thing you know a ballot is in the mail! This is your union money at work!

................ the reason why drivers deserve a raise is because it is a skilled job and being a dockman doesn't take a skill!
Someone should have went out on the dock and speared a pallet of freight. Then brought it back to him and told him that you just noticed this out on the dock, and that it must have been from one of those "unskilled" dock workers......."but not to worry boss, those dock workers have very little value around here."

VP of finance had the pleasure of facing the troops today.
Took a lot of crap on YRC,s behalf and stood before us and answered what he could. Bottom line is the investors want a labor deal and 100 million dollar guarantee annual savings. Best question was what if a no vote occurs, first note will be met, then default on our convents, third will be no way to repay big note, next the erosion of our business due to competition and stock market rumors that we have past experience with. Then it will be the banks calling note. This guy has 16 years with Holland.

Bottom line is the investors want a labor deal and 100 million dollar guarantee annual savings.
The investors would probably also like for the Company to pull their head out of their hinder and change their business plan to a successful one. But clearly that's not going to happen.

Did anyone ask about the cost of all this propaganda that was sent out? What about the cost of the $750 bonus 30 days later?, raises to management?
Vote NO

Took a lot of crap on YRC,s behalf and stood before us and answered what he could. Bottom line is the investors want a labor deal and 100 million dollar guarantee annual savings. Best question was what if a no vote occurs, first note will be met, then default on our convents, third will be no way to repay big note, next the erosion of our business due to competition and stock market rumors that we have past experience with. Then it will be the banks calling note. This guy has 16 years with Holland.

just another snake in the grass. Vote no. His crystal ball got cloudy years ago.if he is in finance he should have left a long time ago.

Did anyone ask about the cost of all this propaganda that was sent out? What about the cost of the $750 bonus 30 days later?, raises to management?
Vote NO

The 750 alone is 39 mil! Welch got $250 thousand bonus in June and we are broke now, he also gets 150% of his pay if we file bankruptcy! If we are so broke, then why do all the people that screwed up this place get all their money and only give 10% back! Maybe if Scott Ware and Welch cared about this company they would say no to the bonuses and lower their pay to 15% instead of taking it from the people who actually make the difference and don't just think about it!

How much $$ could the company save if all upper management took that cut? They don't want that. Would it force their hand to do so if there was a no vote?
I'm betting it would.

The 750 alone is 39 mil! Welch got $250 thousand bonus in June and we are broke now, he also gets 150% of his pay if we file bankruptcy! If we are so broke, then why do all the people that screwed up this place get all their money and only give 10% back! Maybe if Scott Ware and Welch cared about this company they would say no to the bonuses and lower their pay to 15% instead of taking it from the people who actually make the difference and don't just think about it!