TForce | Q4 2023 Earnings transcript

They are running better than UPS or overnite ever did.
Volume is up at least at my terminal, even though the inbound runs like a clogged toilet.

Overnite ran better but TForce is slowly catching up. The thing that worries me is Bedard reiterated doing more with less. We already don't have enough equipment and people to take on any more business.

Overnite ran better but TForce is slowly catching up. The thing that worries me is Bedard reiterated doing more with less. We already don't have enough equipment and people to take on any more business.
Doing more with less is just a board room slogan.
It is no basis in the real world. It is equivalent to giving 110% , or walking both ways uphill .

Keep this in mind, we are transitioning back to a van-based operation. This uses much less equipment and your equipment and fuel costs are cheaper in the long run. We used to be a van-based operation prior to 1985 when Big O started using doubles. I believe that TForce is trying to follow the Holland model of business. I may be wrong, but I may be right….

Keep this in mind, we are transitioning back to a van-based operation. This uses much less equipment and your equipment and fuel costs are cheaper in the long run. We used to be a van-based operation prior to 1985 when Big O started using doubles. I believe that TForce is trying to follow the Holland model of business. I may be wrong, but I may be right….
UPS ran freight horribly. They could barely keep in the black with 3 billion in revenue. TFI is utilizing every truck, every door, every tractor, every driver to its maximum efficiency to make more money. Gross revenue is down, but profits are up

Remember around 85 was when the STAA rules on length were standardized on the interstate system.
The biggest trailer then was a 48', the 8 extra feet was considerable vs. the 3 feet over a 53'.