Yellow | Question about pay?

Skinnytrucker

TB Regular
Credits
I remember something in the new n.m.f.a. about pay but I can't find it so here is my ??? If I leave Big R and hire on at ABF do I still go thru the 3 year wage scale or do I hire on at ABF at 90% for a year and then go to 100%. I am not laidoff yet but I see it in my future and want to go ahead and make the move while I can. Thanks for any and all help with this.:smilie_132:

As long as you have two years driving experience at a NMFA carrier you would fall into the one year progression formula.

I thought that had to be a commonly owned carrier? ie, New Penn, Yellow, Roadway, Holland.I think he would have to go through the 3 year wage progression.90% first year 95% year 2 and 100% year 3.Good luck to you ABF is a great company thats managed very well just like big "R" once was.

So what does "commonly owed company" mean?

Commonly owned means YRC carriers. As long as you have driven two or more years at Roadway, you would fall into the 90% for the first year and top rate at one year anniversary date. Guys who had their experience with CF,Red Star,Nations Way etc. would not qualify.

i've had four years with yrcw ,3yellow 1 holland, hired in at roadway @85% and 3 year progression. They read the contract different on this also. Grievance filed @ holland (only one I'm told nationwide) on hold . Never got my 30 days in @ roadway but will file IF i ever get recalled. So DO NOT expect to start @ 90%