Yellow | Question for all other terminals

chris

TB Lurker
Credits
Does your TM require you guys to work 10 hours no matter what? Just curious. At Roadway, they use to give us a 2 hour notice if they needed us to work 2 over. If we came back from our peddle run after 8 hours, we could go home. I'm not complaining about working over. I just want to know if others terminals now are required to work 10 and if any grievances have been filed. Thanks.

Can't get back on10

Does your TM require you guys to work 10 hours no matter what? Just curious. At Roadway, they use to give us a 2 hour notice if they needed us to work 2 over. If we came back from our peddle run after 8 hours, we could go home. I'm not complaining about working over. I just want to know if others terminals now are required to work 10 and if any grievances have been filed. Thanks.

We have to usually load our peddle runs. They have to call VP to get OK as to whether 4 hour casuals can be used and for how long. We usually cut off our deliveries before we are done so that we can start making pickups.
VP needs to get all the phone calls about late deliveries and missed pickups and he might start calling some of the laidoff guys back. We can't get back to terminal before 10 hours. I had 11 deliveries Monday and all were due last week. I would guess that we average about 70% of our deliveries on a daily basis and that is probably over guessing. TM does not care how long we work as long as his head is stuck up the VP's you know what and the laidoff guys don't get to work. They had rather work regular guys at $30 an hour on overtime than to work laidoff guys at $20 hour on regular time. Doesn't make sense, but then again what does make sense with some of the antics our TM pulls everyday! I just hope that the VP gives him some kind of warning before he makes a sharp turn or our TM will be wearing a neck brace for sure.