Question for those that know..

grocerythrower

TB Legend
Credits
I feel stupid asking this but Sysco recently started putting FISH on the back of our long boxes, the ones I pull every night, I was told by my buddy that its because we recently started hauling fresh fish, and yes we do now, however who gives a ::shit::? Its not like fresh salmon is hazmat, all I ask is for someone to explain to me why if one hauls fresh fish then why must the word FISH be printed in bold letters on the back of the box?

Many Drivers get turned on by the smell of fresh fish GT.... by posting big letters on the box; it allows the drivers to relax...and not think there wife is watching them.

it sounds fishy to me ?

GT
I Googled "transporting fresh fish". Nobody had a clear answer. Apparently it is a "Legal" thing. Something about letting the authorities know you may be hauling fish so they can inspect the fish.

We had it on all our bobtails and trailers in Texas for years. I don't know if it is a national thing or not but it is a state law here. We had drivers issued citations by State Game Wardens for not having it on there. Now days we don't display the word FISH but a 6x6 decal outline of the state of Texas on a Red background on the rear door.
Here is a link that I found.
Similar questions with trucks carrry fish required marked FISH