ABF | Question ? yeah again !

ultraman

TB Lurker
Credits
I got a start date with ABF in the northeast, Here is my question, I have a steady run, long term contract hauling, that pays decent but no bennies or retirement, a small family gig. I'm worried about going with ABf then after a few weeks getting the lay off notice.The union bennies are calling me, but how does the lay off picture look ? is now a good time to make the move ?

:1036316054:

I have been laid-off since late October. I heard they called back 10 today leaving 22, I believe, still laid-off. I work out of Dayton,Oh road board.

I got a start date with ABF in the northeast, Here is my question, I have a steady run, long term contract hauling, that pays decent but no bennies or retirement, a small family gig. I'm worried about going with ABf then after a few weeks getting the lay off notice.The union bennies are calling me, but how does the lay off picture look ? is now a good time to make the move ?

:1036316054:
Stop down at the job or call & ask the shop steward how things work at his barn. You give your location only as northeast. I can only speak for the NJ barns & we work on bids & the shape. We don't get layoffs like in some of the other contract supplements

I'm in maryland. I talked to an old D driver today who was delivering at the dock.He said bills are down but the work is still there to keep them busy and they are short on drivers.My boss said I would always be welcome back if things go south.So with that I am off to ABF. thanks for the replies.

:funky: