FedEx Freight | Question: yr end bonus

I'm sure gtrdone would be joyful with a Christmas card from FedEx instead of money because it was something he didn't have before.

Maybe some pretty foil or twinkling lights are next on the matrix.

Gtrdone has learned not to expect anything from anyone.. I work for what I have, and still have enough of my feet planted to realize that I have more than many unfortunate people in this world. If FedEx was to give me something extra, then great.. it's something that I did not have before.. If not, then he is ok because he lives his life inside of his means and relies on noone else for handouts..

It's pretty simple actually.. I don't sweat the small stuff... Life is too short to worry about "what if"...

It's pretty comical that many of you see my thinking as such a bad thing.. maybe some of you should try it.. it will probably add a few years to your life, and help with blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, stress etc etc...

as for the Christmas card... I have already received one of those before.... save the money of postage and get my guys some new forklifts.

The year the so called bone us... I mean bonus was put into play we only recieved a 2 % raise. Corporate used the other 1.5% to fund the bone us....oops I mean bonus.

You're right gtr....there is nothing guaranteed at this company. E:1036316054:xcept for maybe the greed of the company will always be there!!

I just wish that the bonus was based on what I did at work and not on what everybody but me does. In no way am I in control of my bonus value.

Corporate never used anything to fund a bonus.. not sure where you are getting your info, but you need to find another source..

80% of your bonuses you are paid for what you do at work.. but it is grouped for you and every other member of hourly together... it would be almost impossible to break up a structured bonus for every individual in the company.

you can read exactly how the bonus is broken up on insight.. just search "incentive".. that is exactly what was posted and how the corp part works..

Unlike base pay, incentive compensation (IC) is considered at-risk pay, meaning potential payouts are based on the corporation’s financial performance in comparison to established goals.

50% of the 20% of this is OR (operating ratio).. and if the company operates above a 93, there is no bonus on the corp part.. the other 50% of the 20% is based on year over year corporate pre-tax profit goals.

You would think that someone so interested in their bonus would know exactly how it works and where we stand as a company each quarter.. It's public info and easy to get off of the internet and stock websites.

Gtrdone has learned not to expect anything from anyone.. I work for what I have, and still have enough of my feet planted to realize that I have more than many unfortunate people in this world. If FedEx was to give me something extra, then great.. it's something that I did not have before.. If not, then he is ok because he lives his life inside of his means and relies on noone else for handouts..

It's pretty simple actually.. I don't sweat the small stuff... Life is too short to worry about "what if"...

It's pretty comical that many of you see my thinking as such a bad thing.. maybe some of you should try it.. it will probably add a few years to your life, and help with blood pressure, diabetes, heart disease, stress etc etc...

as for the Christmas card... I have already received one of those before.... save the money of postage and get my guys some new forklifts.

I don't know Gtrdone. If enough people thought that way, they could get away with giving us even smaller raises. Of course, they could give us smaller raises anyway. Or, no raise at all. The only time I get stressed is when I have to deal with stupidity. And I have to deal with it a lot. I can calmly discuss how the company is boning us and treating us like children. I don't think it makes my blood pressure rise.

We never asked them for a incentive program. But, since they decided to give us one, when they take money away from it, they are taking money away from me. We said when they announced it that we would never see the 20% again. Looks like we are going to be right.

I also know that I have more than most people in this world. But I wasn't born in a country where I live in a mud and thatch hut. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what I have, but I'm not going to feel guilty for wanting more security and respect in my job because most people don't have what I have.

If no one worried about "what if", we would stagnate as a society and start building mud huts.

I don't think your way of thinking is a "bad" thing. It keeps you level and happy. That's great. But it also allows corporations to walk over people. It lets companies freak out over a half hour out of a day to the point of writing people up for being early on lunch by 30 seconds. Thirty SECONDS. Does that seem normal and realistic to you?

And as far as your forklifts, aren't you happy with the ones you have? I mean, you could have no forklifts.

well gtrdone money isn"t small stuff to some people and we didn"T ask for it with our hands out that is something your bosse"s said we could get to cut down on damage and claims than everything else has been added to the package .but im with u brother if its there great if not oh well. its like u never budget ur bills on overtime.

Corporate never used anything to fund a bonus.. not sure where you are getting your info, but you need to find another source..

80% of your bonuses you are paid for what you do at work.. but it is grouped for you and every other member of hourly together... it would be almost impossible to break up a structured bonus for every individual in the company.

you can read exactly how the bonus is broken up on insight.. just search "incentive".. that is exactly what was posted and how the corp part works..

Unlike base pay, incentive compensation (IC) is considered at-risk pay, meaning potential payouts are based on the corporation’s financial performance in comparison to established goals.

50% of the 20% of this is OR (operating ratio).. and if the company operates above a 93, there is no bonus on the corp part.. the other 50% of the 20% is based on year over year corporate pre-tax profit goals.

You would think that someone so interested in their bonus would know exactly how it works and where we stand as a company each quarter.. It's public info and easy to get off of the internet and stock websites.

I said that they only gave us a 2 % raise the year this worthless excuse for a bone us went into effect. You do the math Mr. Companyman. Where do you think they got the bone us money from originally?

As for your comment on somebody so interested in their bone us.... I think it was another way of taking money away from the raise that year and using it as a positive brainwashing tool for the robots with FedEx stamped on their a$$

listen im not here to argue with you but the bonus was started because claims and damages were to high then it went on to other things i know how it works im replying to it because of your statement that we the drivers think of it as a hand out no one begging here but my 20% that has been held when we bonused those past quarters i would like .

GTRDONE... I would just like to see the bone us be more oriented towards the individual driver. I'm sure there's drivers in the system that strive to reach the goals set by management everyday, but I guarantee if the bone us was a matter of a chart with guidelines and the driver had to reach that guideline in certain areas before seeing a bonus, wouldn't you think that would be the motivation to get going. In other words someone that likes to get hurt all of the time would neither benefit from other hard workers nor would he bring the hard workers numbers down. Another thing is in doing the bonus that way you could easily tell which centers had the slackers and which centers had the hard workers. This is all I'm saying about the bone us. The company needs to stop making everything fall under that blanket management crap, the company is punishing the hard workers and rewarding the slackers. Duh you don't have to be college educated to figure that out:1036316054:

GTRDONE... I would just like to see the bone us be more oriented towards the individual driver. I'm sure there's drivers in the system that strive to reach the goals set by management everyday, but I guarantee if the bone us was a matter of a chart with guidelines and the driver had to reach that guideline in certain areas before seeing a bonus, wouldn't you think that would be the motivation to get going. In other words someone that likes to get hurt all of the time would neither benefit from other hard workers nor would he bring the hard workers numbers down. Another thing is in doing the bonus that way you could easily tell which centers had the slackers and which centers had the hard workers. This is all I'm saying about the bone us. The company needs to stop making everything fall under that blanket management crap, the company is punishing the hard workers and rewarding the slackers. Duh you don't have to be college educated to figure that out:1036316054:

You sit here and preach about how you want to stop making everything fall out from under a management blanket... and how you want the bonus to focus towards individual drivers...

what about the dockworkers, and office personell..?? their jobs are just as important.. Step outside of the box for a minute and look back in.. how would you brak this down.. some centers are in the country with 125 miles before the first stop.. some are in the city with 15 stops in one mile... there is almost no possible way to set the parameters as a company for that many drivers.

I understand what you are saying about the slackers and those that do more.. trust me i understand, it is not just in your job class...

but, the bonus is what it is.. we can sit here and debate how it could be etc etc.. but the fact is, it is in black and white, and that is what you guys are getting paid for this next go round.

And what managment blanket are you talking about.. College education... chief I barely made it out of high school... I drive a forklift.. that was my college education... Everyone wants to bash the management in this company.. but I bet if you spent a week in their shoes, with their pay.. you would gladly go back to your tractor with your pay..

If I was smart, I would have stayed hourly a long time ago.

:stirthepot: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

i would just like a bonus i don't care what they base it on.both of you have valid points and look at you to all red faced.your arguement has gotten what accomplished.
words aren't working time for fists so FIGHT.

:stirthepot:

i'm running an event with to fxnl members who are also at each others throats you guys can be the under card.as of now odds are 1-1 on this ticket and 3-1 on the other ticket

i would just like a bonus i don't care what they base it on.both of you have valid points and look at you to all red faced.your arguement has gotten what accomplished.

i'm running an event with to fxnl members who are also at each others throats you guys can be the under card.as of now odds are 1-1 on this ticket and 3-1 on the other ticket

Don't make me come up north Yankee...

haha.. your face will look the rear end of that jeep when it was on the rollback this past winter!!!! :hide: :hysterical:

i hate to be the one who points out history but you guys did lose:hide:......... :biglaugh:

shutup stupid!

Where do you live again??? It's nice down here below that Mason Dixon isn't it?

:hysterical:

Losing worked out in our favor.... the cost of living is cheaper here now than up there!

never happen their extention cords are not long enough to reach the parking lot