FedEx Freight | Question

I will admit that there are plenty of days that I miss doint the otr thing--12 years of something just doesn't go away, even after almost 20 years here as a city dog. Realisticly I know I don't have many more years of trucking ahead of me, so I will stay where I am as long as I can still do a good job. The last year has not been good to me healthwise, but the old man isn't done yet!!!!!!!!

I drove OTR as an O/O for 6 years before leasing to an LTL company for the next 8. I sold my truck in 2005 and I then worked regional for 2 before working for FedEx for 3. I'm now back OTR, 48 states, and have the advantage of being home every weekend.

Here's why I enjoy OTR.

My view one night last week.

2012-08-28%2017.46.26.jpg

2012-08-29%2009.50.34.jpg

I drove OTR as an O/O for 6 years before leasing to an LTL company for the next 8. I sold my truck in 2005 and I then worked regional for 2 before working for FedEx for 3. I'm now back OTR, 48 states, and have the advantage of being home every weekend.

Here's why I enjoy OTR.

My view one night last week.

Wow! Is that a Cascadia your in?

I'm not sure if I qualify to answer this question, because I'm not young or a driver anymore, but I did have 10 years of driving local, line, and dock work before I went to work for Viking Freight. Six months of that was OTR. That was enough for me to go back to LTL freight.

O/O from 1978-1991. Married sold tractor, drove company trucks since, Thank God I don't have to pay for fuel and repairs anymore.:Violin:

I've been everywhere, man.
Crossed the desert's bare, man.
I've breathed the mountain air, man.
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere. Johnny Cash

Right out of high school worked at mayflower moving with my uncle for 3 years,we would drive all over Texas and sometimes neighboring states. He taught me how to drive with a cabover Mack single axle 9 speed.

O/O from 1978-1991. Married sold tractor, drove company trucks since, Thank God I don't have to pay for fuel and repairs anymore.:Violin:

Crossed the desert's bare, man.
I've breathed the mountain air, man.
Of travel I've had my share, man.
I've been everywhere. Johnny Cash

No need to put Cash at the end there. If guys don't know the song GR will beat them while he is humming it.

No need to put Cash at the end there. If guys don't know the song GR will beat them while he is humming it.

Matt, got a bone to pick with you and yours; my turn point ran out of frito's. I live on frito's. Please don't tell my wife I'm addicted or I'll end up with an intervention and a twelve step program by the sea with Lindsay Lohan as a neighbor. So what gives? Driver shortage on the city side??? or massive run on the chips???

ST

I unloaded 2175 cases 15000+ lbs of tator chips last night... that outta be enough