Yellow | Question......

aaronkeif

TB Lurker
Credits
I was playing a game of Spades on the computer the other day against a fellow Teamster.....I can't remember what local it was but he said in PA, so I asked him if it was around Lancaster to which he said yes. He works the dock with only 8.5 years in. I asked if he was on lay-off and he said no, working Wed-Sun. My question is "How many barns are working guys with less than 10 years"? We at 621 have guys laid off with around 18 years.

He not working the dock in Lancaster we don't have wed-Sunday bids must work in Harrisburg and live in lancaster

Everyone on Portland 875's local cartage board who wants to be back is back.

No one is currently laid off involuntarily.

We have about 260 on the board and the bottom guy has about 4 years. There are at least 50 guys with less than 10 years seniority working. About 10 guys were laid off for a month this winter, and they expected to be laid off for at least the whole winter--didn't happen. There are at least 50 people on voluntary lay off or LOA. Many of them have moved on to other jobs (UPSF, ABF, Fred Meyer, etc.) and will probably not come back. All the percenters, are getting 5 punches (some just barely). Our man power is in step with our freight levels (for now).