TForce | Questions to ask your union officers about strike authorization

No port

Libertarian free thinker
Credits
1. What are the issue that the company and the union can't agree on? If they can't answer that is a red flag.
2. Can the union call a strike without giving us a contract to vote on? If the answer is yes, then you may never see what the company offer was and what the union really wanted .
3. As the one's who call for a strike, will the unions officers suffer the same financial hardships as the strikers? I'll answer that one, No. They will continue to collect their pay and benefits. They have nothing to lose if they get a strike authorization vote. They have no skin in the game.
4. Don't vote for strike authorization unless they give you the companies proposals in writing. If they hide behind a non disclosure agreement, you are going on blind faith .
Never forget 2018.

1. What are the issue that the company and the union can't agree on? If they can't answer that is a red flag.
2. Can the union call a strike without giving us a contract to vote on? If the answer is yes, then you may never see what the company offer was and what the union really wanted .
3. As the one's who call for a strike, will the unions officers suffer the same financial hardships as the strikers? I'll answer that one, No. They will continue to collect their pay and benefits. They have nothing to lose if they get a strike authorization vote. They have no skin in the game.
4. Don't vote for strike authorization unless they give you the companies proposals in writing. If they hide behind a non disclosure agreement, you are going on blind faith .
Never forget 2018.
Have you personally asked your BA or the IBT theses questions?

I feel quiet sure that'll never happen again UPS never recovered from that stunt.
They weren’t trying to recover! Did anyone hear anything about the company being for sale? Freight was never part of the big picture. The broad that became CEO never wanted freight to begin with if you go back and read the articles. Called freight the loss leader! The union didn’t even know about the fire sale.

No one knew we had suspected that something was up. It'd been in the works for several months. Personally I think after the contract is ratified TFI will purchase bullfrog and axe alot of our management but who knows

Union screwed us last time by pushing small pack’s contract through with a no vote. We didn’t have any leverage after that and now non union carriers are starting out at our top out rate, kinda makes the union pointless. Hope this leadership is better than the previous one. I’m good with striking for a better contract, but curious as to what we are “demanding” in this contract