FedEx Freight | quota

sourpickle

TB Lurker
Credits
My Driver trainer said to day that FedEx has a quota to meet each month on write up's. Does any body know if this is true. He said that they look at any thing to right you up. I was like Dam.:hide:

I really don't think so........
Just do your job the best you possibly can
and you will be fine. Follow the rules and
don't be misled by parking lot gossip .

My Driver trainer said to day that FedEx has a quota to meet each month on write up's. Does any body know if this is true. He said that they look at any thing to right you up. I was like Dam.:hide:

sourpickle the key to woking here is to just work hard dont worry about what the man next to you is doing, if you make a mistake just admit it, watch out for the negitive ones they will drag you down when there is really no reason for it, and dont be afraid to go that extra mile no matter what others think. lifes a two way street if you work with people than people will be willing to work with you its as easy as that :1036316054:

sourpickle the key to woking here is to just work hard dont worry about what the man next to you is doing, if you make a mistake just admit it, watch out for the negitive ones they will drag you down when there is really no reason for it, and dont be afraid to go that extra mile no matter what others think. lifes a two way street if you work with people than people will be willing to work with you its as easy as that :1036316054:

There it is in a nut shell.

Could be that since you're the new man on the totem pole, they may be watching you a little closer. My 2 cents, thats all. You'll be fine.

With all your prior experience you should pass with no problem. I have never heard of the quota's. By the time you read this you should be a very relieved Happy Sour Pickle!

With an answer like that FL4823, you have to be a supervisor!

Sourpickle... my advise would be to do your job to the best of your ability. Take care of yourself and your fellow drivers. If you make a mistake you can own up to it as long as it's not a violation they can fire you for. Find out if they can fire you for it before you admit to it. If they can don't admit a thing.....make them prove it. I've seen to many drivers do the right thing by admitting things and get fired, when the company couldn't prove a darn thing. Keep your nose clean and don't let anybody get you in a hurry. That's how accidents happen.. Take your time and do things the proper way.....Don't cut corners:1036316054:

Sourpickle... my advise would be to do your job to the best of your ability. Take care of yourself and your fellow drivers. If you make a mistake you can own up to it as long as it's not a violation they can fire you for. Find out if they can fire you for it before you admit to it. If they can don't admit a thing.....make them prove it. I've seen to many drivers do the right thing by admitting things and get fired, when the company couldn't prove a darn thing. Keep your nose clean and don't let anybody get you in a hurry. That's how accidents happen.. Take your time and do things the proper way.....Don't cut corners:1036316054:

I concur with atvnut. You get no bonus for going the "extra mile". As a matter of fact, you may get in trouble. Don't do anything without permission from dispatch, and if you think it's a safety concern, ask them to text you in the scanner so there is a record of it. You have to watch your back because no one else is going to do it for you except your fellow drivers.

NEVER get in a hurry. When they give you what you feel is too much, slow down. Get out of the truck and walk around. As long as you have legitimate reasons for something not being done, they can't touch you.

Document EVERYTHING. I'm serious. Dates, times, who, what, when and how. Since there isn't a union to have your back, all we have is the NLRB and they strongly suggest documenting.

The only time things go bad, usually, is when you have a egomaniac supervisor. Unless you yourself are a tool, in which case you're your own worst enemy.

The best thing to do is just do your job the best you can and stay off managment's radar. Do the best you can for you, not the company because the company doesn't give a rat's a** about you until you screw up.

And listen to the negative people... they may have a very, very good reason that they are negative. It's up to you to decide if they "drag you down" or not.

well pickle your mentor spelt his title wrong it should be mental if this was true we all would be history i know i would be toast so enjoy the bs ride he gave you and enjoy your new job you will love to hate one day soon

well i can see someone is back to being miserable at FedEx... and what does the color of my shirt or my job title have to do with this becuase i can tell you it wasnt always red. what i told sourpickle is how i have always worked even before i started at fedex, i guess no one believes in doing a job 100% anymore, guess i ll remember this for next time i go to the hospital or for surgery to ask the doctor if he is going to do his job 100% or half a** it :hide:

FL4823, as usual the man with the good attitude! This is the kind of people I like to hang with. Would you rather be with people who always **** and moan about their job constantly or people who always look at the good things we have going on in this company for us. I came from a company that honestly treated their workers like crap and I dont get that here. As I've said before the only problem I have here is I would like to work more than 2 or 3 nights a week. Keep up the good work kid, I'm with ya.

well i can see someone is back to being miserable at FedEx... and what does the color of my shirt or my job title have to do with this becuase i can tell you it wasnt always red. what i told sourpickle is how i have always worked even before i started at fedex, i guess no one believes in doing a job 100% anymore, guess i ll remember this for next time i go to the hospital or for surgery to ask the doctor if he is going to do his job 100% or half a** it :hide:

I've never stopped being miserable at fedex. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Those are the words that I live by. The only problem is that 100% is good enough today but tomorrow fedex wants 105%, and the day after that they want 110% and well I guess you get what I mean... My recomendation the next time you go to the doctor is to us a doctor you already know you can trust or don't let him cut on ya!!! :1036316054: There's nothing wrong with being a "red" shirt FL, we all need to do our part. I merely made the comment about you had to be a supervisor because of the response you gave as a joke because it sounded like it came straight out of a textbook somewhere!! Relax man and lighten up. :funky:

I've never stopped being miserable at fedex. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Those are the words that I live by. The only problem is that 100% is good enough today but tomorrow fedex wants 105%, and the day after that they want 110% and well I guess you get what I mean... My recomendation the next time you go to the doctor is to us a doctor you already know you can trust or don't let him cut on ya!!! :1036316054: There's nothing wrong with being a "red" shirt FL, we all need to do our part. I merely made the comment about you had to be a supervisor because of the response you gave as a joke because it sounded like it came straight out of a textbook somewhere!! Relax man and lighten up. :funky:

its always good to try harder then you did the day before if possible but i understand it doesnt always happen..hey the babe didnt always hit home runs, and no i didnt get that out of any text book its from the life lessions as taught to me by my father as was taught to him by his father and so on and so forth :smilie_132:

Thats pretty good.. I've not heard that one before... But I will bring it up in the next Yearly Meeting for SCM's.. :hysterical:

If you make a mistake you can own up to it as long as it's not a violation they can fire you for. Find out if they can fire you for it before you admit to it. If they can don't admit a thing.....make them prove it. I've seen to many drivers do the right thing by admitting things and get fired, when the company couldn't prove a darn thing.

Well I think I am in a better situation to spell this out than you..

I have had to let more people go in this company for lying, or failing to report things than I have for people being honest.. The truth will come out, if you are in the wrong, cough it up.. if its a violation, take you write up and go eat dinner with your wife.. If you lie about it or try to hide it.. no matter what company it is.. chances are, that write up and dinner with your wifem will turn out to be a late night snack talking about where you will get your next paycheck.

SOURPICKLE: I think FL4823 (the supervisor... OMG. SATAN.. IN THE FLESH) hit the nail on the head.. do your job, be yourself.. don't worry about those that are so worried about you.. there are many here that have made themselves so miserable, they now only want to make everyone else just as miserable as they are.

Just do your job, be safe, ask questions.. treat everyone as you would want to be treated!

Seriously??

I concur with atvnut. You get no bonus for going the "extra mile". As a matter of fact, you may get in trouble. Don't do anything without permission from dispatch, and if you think it's a safety concern, ask them to text you in the scanner so there is a record of it. You have to watch your back because no one else is going to do it for you except your fellow drivers.

NEVER get in a hurry. When they give you what you feel is too much, slow down. Get out of the truck and walk around. As long as you have legitimate reasons for something not being done, they can't touch you.

Document EVERYTHING. I'm serious. Dates, times, who, what, when and how. Since there isn't a union to have your back, all we have is the NLRB and they strongly suggest documenting.

The only time things go bad, usually, is when you have a egomaniac supervisor. Unless you yourself are a tool, in which case you're your own worst enemy.

The best thing to do is just do your job the best you can and stay off managment's radar. Do the best you can for you, not the company because the company doesn't give a rat's a** about you until you screw up.

And listen to the negative people... they may have a very, very good reason that they are negative. It's up to you to decide if they "drag you down" or not.

SourPickle.. this is what happens when you drink too much coffee, and have too many job applications at other companies turned down... when you drank the agent orange in Vietnam.. you used too much floride as a child in school.. you did not drink your milk.. You snorted Cod Liver Oil instead of taking the pill.. you did not inhale.. you were raised to vote democrat.. you did not eat your vegitables... you listened to the Led Zeppelen records backwards...

HELTER SKELTER>>>>>> Do not let this be you.... you will die a miserable old fart and only your debtors will show up to your funeral.... BEWARE 'OLE PICKLE.. FOR YE HAVE BEENED WARNED...

MMMMAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA