FedEx Freight | Raises????

Getting close to that time where we'll all be told. Usually the cat is let out of the bag early. Any info?
It's never let out early.
Ever.
Never happened once.

The only reason it seems like it takes a while is because Fx has **** poor communication, and some locations find out immediately when the email drops, and some locations literally never get an offical announcement.

Nontheless, the OFFICIAL news will not get out early.

It never fails, we get dozens of "Muh manager said we were getting Xx!"
Then someone else says he saw something on a desk that said something different.

They're always wrong. Every time.

Historically, they drop the news rhe last week of August/First week of s
September.

My personal gut says you'll get another mediocre 4.8% or so.

Ever.
Never happened once.

The only reason it seems like it takes a while is because Fx has **** poor communication, and some locations find out immediately when the email drops, and some locations literally never get an offical announcement.

Then someone else says he saw something on a desk that said something different.

September.

I looked last year and someone posted raise amounts before I saw an official post. Turns out their post was correct

Ever.
Never happened once.

September.

Shiiiit, I’ll take another 4.8% any day,
Considering all the other
LTL companies didn’t get a 4.8% raise.

I have no doubt anyone that has no concept of math, or inflation would be jumping for joy over a 4.8% raise in a 25% inflation economy.
Yeah and someone like yourself is so delusional to think that any company will give a raise based on inflation. Show me any company that got an25% raise in the LTL freight business let alone any company period. Let me know when u wake up from that dream!

Yeah and someone like yourself is so delusional to think that any company will give a raise based on inflation. Show me any company that got an25% raise in the LTL freight business let alone any company period. Let me know when u wake up from that dream!
It's not based on inflation. It should be based on the fact that wages have stagnated for 3 decades, record profits for quite a while now, and to offset the absurd cost, along with minimal coverage in HC.

However, in the real world, people absolutely will leave a job who's pay scale consistently falls further and further behind inflation.

Employers my not keep lockstep with inflation, but they damn sure better acknowledge it as a factor in regards to compensation.

I think you forgot to take your med, when u made that statement! 🤣😂🤣😂
No, to get ltl drivers up to par with where wages should be, they'd need a 25% raise, THEN 4.x% every following year.

UPS's recent contract has been all the rage for how much they'll be making, when in reality, they're simply keeping pace.

If you want to reference ACTUAL inflation #s, a UPS driver was making $20. 80hr in 1993.

That's almost $44hr exactly today, adjusted for inflation. Which is almlst EXACTLY where they're at currently.

It's not that they're high so much as everyone else is behind.

No, to get ltl drivers up to par with where wages should be, they'd need a 25% raise, THEN 4.x% every following year.

UPS's recent contract has been all the rage for how much they'll be making, when in reality, they're simply keeping pace.

If you want to reference ACTUAL inflation #s, a UPS driver was making $21. 80hr in 1993.

That's almost $45hr exactly today, adjusted for inflation.

It's not that they're high so much as everyone else is behind.
Your talking two different animals..
So how would FedEx freight actually compete in the LTL market if they pay $41 an hour in just wages and others are at $34?
With increases in H&W as well..and improved 401k and retirement ...
Don't get me wrong..I'm all for it..FedEx can't just do it on their own..