FedEx Freight | "Random"question

How are randoms handled in your SC's? We are required to take our vehicle, and are punched in to the applicable kronos catagory. Its roughly a 15 mile round trip, to an urgent care, where it used to be done at an Occupational Clinic. We now share the waiting room with sick people, which isn't great. Having just been sent for my third in 3 months ( not because of any accidents or incidents, 27 year safe driver, in 27 years of employment), I would sure like to see mileage compensation as well as hourly, if I'm required to use my vehicle on company business. More for the point of it than the money itself. We used to be able to take our tractors, but when asked they refused. What if an employee rides transit to work?
They probably send you "randomly"...because they know you are clean.

Where I'm at you can drive your car or bobtail, choice is yours. I don't know why this would be different at another location. Maybe you should ask human resources. What if you caught a ride with someone else or had a family member drop you off because your car is in the shop? Would that be considered as refusing a test since you can't use the tractor? If human resources tells you your vehicle must be used, ask about reimbursement for mileage. Usually this wouldn't matter much but some of the places they use can be pretty far away.