TForce | RE: Strike Authorization

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
i didn't want to muddy up and convolute the other threads, so i decided to start my own.

i see the point of those who don't want to vote until they SEE the actual issues being debated. There is some good logic to that.

HOWEVER, i think the real issue here is WHETHER THE MEMBERS WILL ACTUALLY VOTE TO STRIKE.

The union is taking a big gamble here:
a) IF there is a yes vote to strike, then this DOES give the union some added leverage in negotiations. Maybe even more than just some.....

b) If there is a NO vote, then company doesn't really have to take anything seriously.

But i think the REAL issue here out of all this is whether everyone collectively votes yes.....or no.

Too many have the stupid crew cab or suburban (yes, i'm guilty too, but i'm paid off), a mortgage, or at least rent, and if you got shorties they have to eat too. i think you are looking at at least $125-150 per week for EACH shorty. Just one shorty. You got more, then multiply $125 by that number.
A lot of members simply CANNOT afford to strike.

THE COMPANY KNOWS THIS. i said before, they know what kind of machinery is in the parking lot. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know roughly your mortgage or rent-----the address is on the paystub.....

If there is a NO vote, then the company is reassured that the members don't want to rock the boat and take away their golden egg (the job). Now, the company doesn't have to really concede much if anything.

If YES, then the company gets the message that we're SERIOUS and now they have to play SERIOUS.

i've got a back up plan if we do strike, so i'll probably be ok. i'm not sure most of us can afford to strike though.

So, while i do see the logic and somewhat agree with not wanting to vote until the actual issues are on the table, i think the REAL issue is whether we will vote yes...or no. and i have my doubts it will be yes.

Yes a number of people can't afford to strike but as I stated 5 years ago put back $20 a week in 5 years you'll have$5,200. I figure most folks bring home around $800 a week so you can strike for 7 to 8 weeks. We didn't know the contract proposals issues 5 years ago and we voted yes at least now we've been told what the issues are.

i didn't want to muddy up and convolute the other threads, so i decided to start my own.

i see the point of those who don't want to vote until they SEE the actual issues being debated. There is some good logic to that.

HOWEVER, i think the real issue here is WHETHER THE MEMBERS WILL ACTUALLY VOTE TO STRIKE.

The union is taking a big gamble here:
a) IF there is a yes vote to strike, then this DOES give the union some added leverage in negotiations. Maybe even more than just some.....

b) If there is a NO vote, then company doesn't really have to take anything seriously.

But i think the REAL issue here out of all this is whether everyone collectively votes yes.....or no.

Too many have the stupid crew cab or suburban (yes, i'm guilty too, but i'm paid off), a mortgage, or at least rent, and if you got shorties they have to eat too. i think you are looking at at least $125-150 per week for EACH shorty. Just one shorty. You got more, then multiply $125 by that number.
A lot of members simply CANNOT afford to strike.

THE COMPANY KNOWS THIS. i said before, they know what kind of machinery is in the parking lot. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know roughly your mortgage or rent-----the address is on the paystub.....

If there is a NO vote, then the company is reassured that the members don't want to rock the boat and take away their golden egg (the job). Now, the company doesn't have to really concede much if anything.

If YES, then the company gets the message that we're SERIOUS and now they have to play SERIOUS.

i've got a back up plan if we do strike, so i'll probably be ok. i'm not sure most of us can afford to strike though.

So, while i do see the logic and somewhat agree with not wanting to vote until the actual issues are on the table, i think the REAL issue is whether we will vote yes...or no. and i have my doubts it will be yes.
A vote makes no difference, if there's a strike, those jobs are gone!

What other reason would you have to get on a Union forum and put it down?
You obviously wish you could be a Teamster or you would not be here.
I wish I could be a Teamster or any Union again. After I left the Airline for Comcast engineering ish type job. These Union haters really have 0 clue the epic BS people put up with. So annoying wish they would shut up. I'd give anything for seniority pretty simple thing. 19 years wout it lol