ABF | READ THIS IF YOU ARE UNDER THE NYS SUPPLEMENT

ABF381

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
Credits
No matter how you want to vote on the ABF NMFA please consider voting no on our supplement. I have fought for a resolution for excessive overtime under article 72 for many years, only to be told that the language is "antiquated" and the local wouldn't fight it. I made several proposals to model it after other supplements, even the Yellow NMFA NYS Supplement, but nothing has been changed. Right now if you ask for no more than 2 hours of overtime because you have a Dr. appointment all they have to do is say "hey we tried" with no repercussions whatsoever and with the youngsters the company keeps putting in the managers slot it is happening more and more.... the last four times I have asked I have worked 14, 12.5, 12, and low and behold about 9.5....so they have honored my request 25% of the time....no repercussions..this needs to be changed, my opinion is you are understaffed if one driver can't be out in less than 10....there is no provision about forced overtime like most other supplements, nothing about forcing you before your 6th hour, and some supplements they can't force you more than 3 hours even then...We need this changed to be more like our brothers and sisters in other regions...If you want, feel free to PM me about this......

No matter how you want to vote on the ABF NMFA please consider voting no on our supplement. I have fought for a resolution for excessive overtime under article 72 for many years, only to be told that the language is "antiquated" and the local wouldn't fight it. I made several proposals to model it after other supplements, even the Yellow NMFA NYS Supplement, but nothing has been changed. Right now if you ask for no more than 2 hours of overtime because you have a Dr. appointment all they have to do is say "hey we tried" with no repercussions whatsoever and with the youngsters the company keeps putting in the managers slot it is happening more and more.... the last four times I have asked I have worked 14, 12.5, 12, and low and behold about 9.5....so they have honored my request 25% of the time....no repercussions..this needs to be changed, my opinion is you are understaffed if one driver can't be out in less than 10....there is no provision about forced overtime like most other supplements, nothing about forcing you before your 6th hour, and some supplements they can't force you more than 3 hours even then...We need this changed to be more like our brothers and sisters in other regions...If you want, feel free to PM me about this......
They cant keep Drivers on the Street who are exhausted, Its a Safety issue, Next time tell your Dispatcher you are Physically Exhausted and need a rest period. Then bring your Unit back to the Terminal. They may try to bring charges against you..But its a safety issue and they would be in the wrong

They cant keep Drivers on the Street who are exhausted, Its a Safety issue, Next time tell your Dispatcher you are Physically Exhausted and need a rest period. Then bring your Unit back to the Terminal. They may try to bring charges against you..But its a safety issue and they would be in the wrong
I have considered that, but you can't do that everyday.....I work 11 to 12 hours everyday (quite often more) on average, that is why I have been fighting for a change....

I have considered that, but you can't do that everyday.....I work 11 to 12 hours everyday (quite often more) on average, that is why I have been fighting for a change....
Log into arcb@work and change yourself to the 60 hour clock if you don't want a bunch of OT.
70/8 is voluntary, you can switch back and fourth each week if you want.

Log into arcb@work and change yourself to the 60 hour clock if you don't want a bunch of OT.
70/8 is voluntary, you can switch back and fourth each week if you want.
The 34 hour reset is voluntary, the 60 or 70 hour clock is not....60 hours in 7 days is still 12 hour days...in a normal work week...70 in 8 days is virtually the same thing...the key is to turn off the 34 hour restarts.....

Go see your Family Doctor, Ask Him if it is Medically O.K for a Human Being to do Physical Labor for 12 to 14 hours against that Persons will. See what the Doctors tells you. Forced Overtime is a Stupid Policy. The Chance of accidents and injuries are too great, And when they happen it costs the company thousands of Dollars. They only people who benefit from Forced Overtime is the lunkhead who is trying for a promotion within the Corporation by forcing the overtime

392.3 Read it. Understand it. BE CAREFUL in not creating a pattern using this excuse. It wont stand up in any hearing Union or Federal court. If you are ill, use it. If not ill, don't use it. Paul Taylor has posted on his web sites about cases he won. 90 % his cases are trucking related. Read the case histories & how the Judge's ruled.

This is the language 381 is talking about. It is in Article 55 of the Southern Region Supplement. His Supplement has less specific language about excessive overtime and is being forced on them daily at his terminal.

IMG_1902.md.jpeg
Do yourself a favor. Don’t ask anymore. On the day you need to be done, at a time of your choosing, call dispatch and tell them you are bringing it in because you feel sick. Problem solved.

Problem not solved...how many times can I do that before i get a letter?
I put into Yellow's survey to switch some planned paid days off, to call off days. 5 sick days where you can call off 2 hours before bid aren't enough. Some years are worse than others.

And it's the honesty thing that bugs me.
I hate calling off and saying I'm sick when I'm not sick. I hardly ever get sick....but ya gotta play the game.
Now we have management which just accepts " I'm using a sick day".
But there have been managers who pretty much made you say you were sick to use one.
We should just call them call-off days instead of sick days.

I put into Yellow's survey to switch some planned paid days off, to call off days. 5 sick days where you can call off 2 hours before bid aren't enough. Some years are worse than others.

And it's the honesty thing that bugs me.
I hate calling off and saying I'm sick when I'm not sick. I hardly ever get sick....but ya gotta play the game.
Now we have management which just accepts " I'm using a sick day".
But there have been managers who pretty much made you say you were sick to use one.
We should just call them call-off days instead of sick days.
I call them GAG days. Good As Gold !!