ABF | Reasons to dislike the new contract.

I counted 7 ABF trailers with one FedEx ground in the middle on rail rolling through town today. What does your new contract say about giving away work?
Yeah and they would tell us you voted for it. I remember when we took our freight from the railroads in the seventies. Only to give it back now.

Yeah and they would tell us you voted for it. I remember when we took our freight from the railroads in the seventies. Only to give it back now.
This is why it’s imperative that teamsters recruit xpo and/or FedEx. Right now they have little bargaining power. Xpo is going to be easier I think because Jacobs is taking away from drivers at present while Fred is petrified of IBT so he has compensation here high without pushing drivers to “hurry up”. This is not intended to be a trolling post, but simply stating the obvious. Hoffa; get your rear in gear and recruit! Jimmy, in business you are either growing or shrinking; there is no sitting still, so put out a product drivers want and get other carriers under a contract. It’s the only way to stop giving away work and compensation. Why do I care? What happens at abf, yrc, ups affects us all. I was hopeful ABF would get a killer contract for drivers, but sadly it’s a cop-out. Not sure what will happen at yrc at next contract, but with them posting a loss during a time when everyone else is makin record profit it seems a poor contract will be the outcome. The union doesn’t run the company, true, but it does control bargaining power. The only way out of this death spiral is for IBT to modernize and make changes that will get xpo, Saia, etc to unionize. Ask a driver at a non what would make him vote teamsters. This is the question Hoffa needs to be answering and soon. I will apologize in advance for hijacking this thread, but I believe unless this is addressed by IBT we will all suffer as companies keep more and give us less. Corporations don’t give us a check; we give them their profits and want more back!